Cluster lights not working
06-18-2008, 11:41 PM
Im trying to find out why my clusters lights just stoped working. All the lights(warning,ecu,door etc) are working fine. When i turn the light switch on, the head lights work but not my tail lights or cluster lights. The little bezzle clock is sapposed to dim when i turn on the lights and it doen't dim anymore. When i turn the parking light switch on two tail lights work. Brake lights, radio, work fine also and checked all the fuses and are all fine.

Anyone have any idea??
Find all posts by this user
06-18-2008, 11:56 PM
tap the dashboard. I am no kidding. Ivan had the same problem and when he hit it it went on.

Maybe lose connector

Cars:
"99 Lexus IS200
"86 AE86 Kouki Panda Levin GT-Apex (restore project)
"84 AE86 Zenki Blue Levin (project racer)
Motorcycles:
"02 Yamaha R1
"02 Honda Hornet S
"08 BMW R1200GS
06-19-2008, 12:05 AM
Tried it, didn't work. I have the clocks out and all connetors are fine. Its weird the way everything is working except the rear tail lights and dash lights, my heater lights arent working either, but all warning lights on the dash are working.

Where does the power come from that lights up the dash??(dont say batt Smile )
06-19-2008, 12:20 AM
had the same problem (AE82 '86), dome fuse was blown.
cockpit light was off, tail lights off, but radio and warning lights working
So check those fuses again Wink
06-19-2008, 12:24 AM
Im pretty sure the radio and tail lights are on the same fuse. and the radio is working. I checked the tail fuse again, and its fine.

Does the tail light relay supply power to the cluster lights??
06-19-2008, 01:04 AM
i had the same problem, check the dash board light dimer,try hitting it if it lit up thats the problem. if so just changed it
06-19-2008, 09:06 AM
I'll try grounding out that dimmer ring later, tested the tail light relay lay and its working working when i put 12v trough it, but when i turn on the lights, theres no power getting to the tail light relay
06-19-2008, 05:46 PM
The switch seems fine, grounds seem fine. I checked the pin on the dash clocks that light them up and there is no power on that wire. Took the clocks out and put 12v to the clocks and they light up fine, so its not them.

Anyone know where the power for the dash lights comes from so i can narrow it down. Noticed my side lights up front dont work, just the head lights.

What fuse is it for the back lights and dash clocks. Looked at a thread here before with a pic of the sticker of the inside of the kickwall fuse box, but cant seem to find it??
06-19-2008, 05:51 PM
I used to have to tap the light switch to get the dash to light up like robo already said. The dimmer circuitry failed on mine, I just put a wire between both ends off the resistor, which resulted in working cluster lights, which are always at full brightness.

FABRICA MI DIEM, PVNC!
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
06-19-2008, 08:03 PM
Thanks for the replys, i got it working. It was the tail light relay. This was the first thing i checked and it seemed to work ok. Clicked when i turned on the light switch also. But i decided to change it with the head light relay in the engine bay and it worked. Thank God!!!!!

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Brake lights not working takumi_mt 2 555 03-07-2024 03:42 PM
Last Post: takumi_mt
  EUDM gauge cluster banpei 22 3,855 08-15-2023 10:48 PM
Last Post: banpei
  EUDM cluster revelations banpei 1 1,145 06-23-2023 09:11 AM
Last Post: r.ave
  Can you seperate trueno kouki bumper lights into zenki bumper lights? gh0st 17 7,283 12-19-2021 11:58 PM
Last Post: gh0st
  working out compression ratios kazi 2 3,411 07-16-2019 08:22 PM
Last Post: oldeskewltoy