DK AE86 renovation and turbo project - Now driveable
10-26-2008, 10:47 PM
Back to the progress report. Smile

I've also been doing a bit of work on various bits and pieces.

I painted my fuel tank black, and put it back together, with my ae92 4agze fuel pump. Various items from the front of the car, has been sandblasted and repainted black.
I've also restored my steering rack and "front bridge".
And I found a piece of brass piping which I could polish :wink:

+ alot of other small jobs on the car. But I believe pictures say much more than words. So here you go:

Attached File(s) Thumbnail(s)

Regards
Lars Veiss, Denmark
Currently [URL=http://www.aeu86.org/viewtopic/dk-ae86-renovation-and-turbo-project---now-driveable/t/2474/start=150[/URL]
Find all posts by this user
10-26-2008, 11:05 PM
Man there sure is a lot of catching up to do...

But now it's time for a "body" update Hurray!

When I was done painting the under side of the car. I contacted a paint shop, and they agreed to fill and paint the car. I just had to do the rough work with the fitment of the side skirts and the rear bumper. So I had to learn how to use filler... Smile I managed to get a decent result, and the car was ready for the paint shop.

The car has been there for quite some time, but this week I got the first repainted parts back, and the rest will be home by next Friday. Thumbs up!
Here is some pictures of the process.

Regards
Lars Veiss, Denmark
Currently [URL=http://www.aeu86.org/viewtopic/dk-ae86-renovation-and-turbo-project---now-driveable/t/2474/start=150[/URL]
10-26-2008, 11:08 PM
More pictures of the filling and preparation process.

I have a few comments for the front fibreglass fenders. The fitting was a really time consuming job. It took me 2 whole days of work.
Both of them were crooked. So I had to make a aluminum adapters for both, which could keep them in place, and shape. I glued the adapter on the inside of the fenders, while they were fixed on the car, and left them to dry for a couple of days, and afterwards they were taken of and filled and sanded again. That was a really annoying thing. If I could have had a set of metal ones I would have chosen them.
But now the job is done, and they turned out pretty good.

Regards
Lars Veiss, Denmark
10-26-2008, 11:26 PM
But now the time has come to revial the colour and the result of the painted parts.

The car is painted in Sepang Bronze metal, but I believe that it will be too much if the whole car is one colour. So I've had the side-skrits, front and rear bumpers, mirrors and the sunroofs mounting ring painted in black with a silk matt finish.

I sure think it looks nice, but see for yourself and let me know what you think.

Regards
Lars Veiss, Denmark
10-26-2008, 11:38 PM
Nice color! Thumbs up!

1982 - TA60 Carina 4dr sedan - fun cruiser
1983 - AE86 Sprinter Trueno - import project
2013 - Honda Civic sport - daily driver
2004 - AEU86 dot ORG - daily domain

Support our forum, buy from the AEU86 shop:
[Image: AEU86 AE86 - DK AE86 renovation and turb... driveable]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
10-27-2008, 06:34 AM
Dann nice man... Thumbs up!
That is a great color. Wink

SR Team
BURN THE RUBER NOT YOUR SOUL!
10-27-2008, 09:11 AM
Finally, something different in the colour department... good luck with the car, and dont forget to post pics when she's put back together.

FABRICA MI DIEM, PVNC!
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
10-27-2008, 09:18 PM
Really nice colour. Can't wait to see the whole car painted.
Awsome work Thumbs up!

Vladimir
[Image: AEU86 AE86 - DK AE86 renovation and turb... driveable]

N/A for life...
10-27-2008, 10:54 PM
Thank you all for the comments, I'll post pictures of the car as soon as I get it back from the paint shop. I'm glad it isn't just me who believed it was time to see an AE86 in a new "dress" Smile

Today I didn't get much work done... I prepared the garage where I'll be assembling the car. I found at all the parts for the car, and tried to remember where they are to be fitted Thumbs up! Actually I don't think it will be that bad, I took a lot of pictures when I was taking the car apart.

I also finished painting some small bits for the engine, and my master brake cylinder. Sadly some brake fluid ruined the first paint job...

I also began refurbishing my various plastic front lights, so they are totally clean and bling bling. And ready to install on the car.

Regards
Lars Veiss, Denmark
10-28-2008, 11:16 PM
Here's a little update.

I've been painting the last bits and pieces for the car, and today I mounted the ones for the engine and shot a couple of photos. I've also begun freshening the front turn indicator lenses and position lights up. For now I've only cleaned and washed them.
I'll hopefully also receive a package from Toyota tomorrow. With my timing belt wheel for the crankshaft and some gaskets + a repair set for my starter. When I took the car in for renovation, the starter worked about 1 out of 5 times... Every time. So that was really annoying.

Regards
Lars Veiss, Denmark

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  @dodo@ Levin Coupe, renovation and tuning (56k think twice) @dodo@ 165 157,666 03-28-2018 12:35 PM
Last Post: ZaX
  KE70 4A-GE 16V turbo kjb 16 29,415 10-21-2016 01:32 AM
Last Post: fantapants
  Another AE86, Duracell. Now with VEMS, and cage... Uzelac 62 86,806 06-22-2015 02:56 PM
Last Post: Uzelac
  ae86, 6 speed, turbo heagney 12 16,070 01-20-2014 06:21 PM
Last Post: T_AE86
  4AG 16V Turbo 15PSI Running MegaSquirt 3.0 CHACAMAN 15 23,794 08-14-2013 04:28 AM
Last Post: daveskatesallday