HEEELP!!!!
07-19-2006, 03:52 PM
HEEELP!!!!
I really need advice right away. My old car is currently in a garage and the guy who has it has had it for a month just to do weld a rear arch. I have told him that I wanted it done weeks ago and have asked him for the car back today, so I can take it elsewhere. He has said to me (even though he has only done 25% of the work) that he wants to rip me off and pay him £250 just to have the car back in it's current state. That's exactly what it is a RIP OFF. What should I do? The work should cost no more than £150
Find all posts by this user
07-19-2006, 03:56 PM
HEEELP!!!!
Stay away from dodgy garages in the future.. Always agree to a certain price before you have the work done. In this case I would see if there is any organisation that protects consumer rights in these cases and see if they can help you out.. Otherwise I wouldnt know...maybe the police Confused

FABRICA MI DIEM, PVNC!
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
07-19-2006, 06:27 PM
HEEELP!!!!
Pay him the money, thank him very much and leave.

Same night go find him and bit the hell out of him and after while his in the hospital burn his garage.

Cheers!

danielvanderwoude Wrote:looks like the nmwisima joke saved you in the end
[Image: AEU86 AE86 - HEEELP!!!!] http://www.jdmbits.com
07-19-2006, 07:04 PM
HEEELP!!!!
Right. I spoke to Citizens advice but apprently I dont have a leg to stand on since I didn't get a quote before he started. So whoever is looking into purchasing my car, i'm sorry it's going to take a little bit longer before it becomes available. I'm going to have to enquire if anyone can get me an arch to make his job a little quicker.
07-19-2006, 08:05 PM
HEEELP!!!!
What does Citizens Advice has to say about my way??? Big Grin Big Grin Big Grin Big Grin

danielvanderwoude Wrote:looks like the nmwisima joke saved you in the end
[Image: AEU86 AE86 - HEEELP!!!!] http://www.jdmbits.com
07-19-2006, 08:13 PM
HEEELP!!!!
nmwisima Wrote:What does Citizens Advice has to say about my way??? Big Grin Big Grin Big Grin Big Grin

They enfore it I assure you :wink: Big Grin
07-19-2006, 11:35 PM
HEEELP!!!!
Right now i am dealing this problem with my coupe and i am not sure whitch one welder is good to take care of the rust and also that will not rip me off because here is a bunch of guys repairing bodies but noone want to repair old crap 20 years old cars and if yes its propably some old fella ... i found one here but never seen how he repairs just heard hes good i hope so too because if not this will be a problem Confused
But i always like to take car for repair to a guy who has 45-50 years or about that has repaired a lot of cars just to some young guy that is having experience not at all.

85' AE86 GT coupe lifetime project since 2005
07-20-2006, 12:18 AM
HEEELP!!!!
Do you have any friends about 2 meters high and 150 kg weight??
If you have go and ask him again with your friends Evil Evil
If you dont start looking for that friends....

Seriusly now, this is a bad situation, i hope you will find a way.
07-20-2006, 08:45 AM
HEEELP!!!!
Don't pay, just go and get the car. He can't do anything to counteract.
07-20-2006, 08:49 AM
HEEELP!!!!
Well, if he hasnt done any work, then you dont have to pay him innit? See if you can get the car back, whichever way possible, then make it his problem to get payed for what he did (next to nothing if I'm not mistaken).

FABRICA MI DIEM, PVNC!