new in the forum
03-28-2007, 06:58 PM
new in the forum
Mux213 Wrote:Ah thats pretty cool then!

I read another persons post the HKS set was supposed to be meant for stock bluetop engines so I was wondering about it.

Is it possible to integrate an IC with this setup? It sorta looks like the SC is directly bolted onto the intake?

i think your talking about is the old design of the HKS sc kit, the old sc by hks needed to run an intercooler but not the last design (like what i have) as you can see on the pic the old one has 2 inlet.after that the design changed to non intercooled very rare you'll see the non intercooled. the first desing was ment for the twin charger kit (turbo and supercharge) thats why it needed a intercooler.

[Image: AEU86 AE86 - new in the forum]
Find all posts by this user
03-28-2007, 08:58 PM
new in the forum
4agze,

Running a supercharger setup without intercooler works fine indeed, but it would always be better to add an IC. Thats why I was wondering. Any device that compresses air heats the air up, heated air contains less oxygen per volume, less oxygen means less fuel/air to go boom means less power.

So in theory atleast, your setup should be able to produce even more bang with IC then without.. but thats theory offcourseBig Grin

Also, I would say this setup would give much quicker response, ICs have their drawbacks toBig Grin

Greetz,

Bastiaan "mux213" Olij

Moved down under, no more hachi Sad
03-28-2007, 09:29 PM
new in the forum
the setup didnt call for a an intercooler really,i did have an intercooler but it didn make any diffrence and i gained response this type of sc dont make alot of heat as long as i have a very good vent going in the sc its doing good just like an NA motor. i keep my motor cool so i dont make extra heat. my intake temp gauge tells me if im takeing too much hot air. turbo is diffrent cuz, its comeing from the exhaust so very hot air is the by product, so intercooler core is the cooling agent. if you mesure the temp of the air comeing from a turbo thru the intercooler vs a atmospheric air temp passing thru the car its almost same.

here is the intercooler
03-29-2007, 10:45 AM
new in the forum
Oldskul superchargers often use suck-through carburated setup (no IC). The added bonus is better sealing between the rotors+additional cooling effect during fuel evaporation.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
03-29-2007, 11:07 AM
new in the forum
hello everybody,
im a new guy n i like ur forum. i drive mostly toyota's. a landcruiser mk2 2doors, celica ta22 gt n ae86 no mods yet but im planning to stuff in my 3sge beams vvti engine with a 6m/t gearbox onto my ae86 if i can save enought money Blush . engine is from a toyota altezza.
thats my plan for the time being but engine is in my garage already Smile

all the best to u guys,

cheers

03-29-2007, 06:52 PM
new in the forum
jamiemirror Wrote:Oldskul superchargers often use suck-through carburated setup (no IC). The added bonus is better sealing between the rotors+additional cooling effect during fuel evaporation.

finally someone did the homework thanks man Thumbs up!
03-29-2007, 06:54 PM
new in the forum
jjoeworks Wrote:hello everybody,
im a new guy n i like ur forum. i drive mostly toyota's. a landcruiser mk2 2doors, celica ta22 gt n ae86 no mods yet but im planning to stuff in my 3sge beams vvti engine with a 6m/t gearbox onto my ae86 if i can save enought money Blush . engine is from a toyota altezza.
thats my plan for the time being but engine is in my garage already Smile

all the best to u guys,

cheers

welcome to the forum & my topic nice car

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
Exclamation New members forum only for activated users banpei 3 14,678 10-07-2019 11:21 PM
Last Post: Bean
  new to this forum richbmxer87 2 3,763 07-01-2009 03:51 PM
Last Post: banpei
  "New" member to the AEU86.org Forum sultennok 33 26,943 10-31-2005 02:57 AM
Last Post: sultennok