Bean Bandits Levin 'Globetrotter'
02-14-2013, 08:09 PM
Aram Wrote:Cool story!

No other car in the world will have a history of beeing built in so many countries lol.

Thumbs up!

Not only built in so many countries... but with parts sourced from so many countries! Thumbs up!

Arie...
µg - 1/1,000,000 gram Huh

suggestion.... have them balance the entire rotating/reciprocating assembly.... recommend each part (pulley, crank, rods, pistons, flywheel, clutch disc, pressure plate)

Concerning the crank... although balanced to 10K rpm... I'd be careful pushing it over 8500.... at least that is what has been recommended to me... but I'm not sure my crank was balanced to 1 millionth of a gram

Dan -

You can |Sad .... OR you can ask for help!!!

OST Porting service - http://hachiroku.net/forums/showthread.php?t=19991
Find all posts by this user
02-15-2013, 03:26 PM
Bean Bandit Wrote:Early 2009 I then fitted Tocico HTS 112 dampers along with Apex springs.
[Image: AEU86 AE86 - Bean Bandits Levin 'Globetrotter']

If you have tips, details or photos of the fitment, of spacers, or anything relative, please sent, if you like of course. Thumbs up!

http://www.ae86.gr
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
02-15-2013, 09:37 PM
Euripides Wrote:
Bean Bandit Wrote:Early 2009 I then fitted Tocico HTS 112 dampers along with Apex springs.

If you have tips, details or photos of the fitment, of spacers, or anything relative, please sent, if you like of course. Thumbs up!

did not take any photos or notes back then as I was in a rush due to a trip to the Nurburgring back then.
They do need spacers. As I was in a rush I fitted a single spacer (a friend knocked out on his lathe out of aluminium) on the bottom. Not sure if this is best or if a special top screw like the ones from T3 that space down would work better. At the end of the day it depends on your springs and how much they lower the car. My gut feeling say in my case the top spacer probably would be better but I'm too tired right now to think it through properly.

AE86 ex-daily
02-15-2013, 10:06 PM
oldeskewltoy Wrote:
Aram Wrote:Cool story!

No other car in the world will have a history of beeing built in so many countries lol.

Thumbs up!

Not only built in so many countries... but with parts sourced from so many countries! Thumbs up!

Arie...
µg - 1/1,000,000 gram Huh

suggestion.... have them balance the entire rotating/reciprocating assembly.... recommend each part (pulley, crank, rods, pistons, flywheel, clutch disc, pressure plate)

Concerning the crank... although balanced to 10K rpm... I'd be careful pushing it over 8500.... at least that is what has been recommended to me... but I'm not sure my crank was balanced to 1 millionth of a gram

With my cams more than 8500 would probably not make much sense anyway but yes he took care of that resonance while he balanced it.
As I wasn't able to provide him with the clutch cover he did the balancing accordingly with the remaining parts.

and yes µg was no typo either - he usually balances turbines which spin in the low to mid 5 digit figures so it's necessary and the occasional turbocharger which you might now can spin upto 150000rpm and more.

AE86 ex-daily
02-15-2013, 10:08 PM
Aram Wrote:Woohoo! Thumbs up!

When is the move, and can you say which country?

10000rpm ftw. Smile

I haven't received the final date yet but probably July/August. Can't say the country yet but will post as soon as I'm aloud to.

SORRY for the multiposting but multiquoting is tricky on the phone, especially when tired.

AE86 ex-daily
02-15-2013, 10:54 PM
Bean Bandit Wrote:I haven't received the final date yet but probably July/August. Can't say the country yet but will post as soon as I'm aloud to.
If you are not allowed to say, who are you working for then? The SIA (Swiss Intelligence Agency) >Smile

1982 - TA60 Carina 4dr sedan - fun cruiser
1983 - AE86 Sprinter Trueno - import project
2013 - Honda Civic sport - daily driver
2004 - AEU86 dot ORG - daily domain

Support our forum, buy from the AEU86 shop:
02-15-2013, 11:13 PM
banpei Wrote:
Bean Bandit Wrote:I haven't received the final date yet but probably July/August. Can't say the country yet but will post as soon as I'm aloud to.
If you are not allowed to say, who are you working for then? The SIA (Swiss Intelligence Agency) >Smile

I do work for the government and although Switzerland does have an Intelligence Agency I'm not working for it and if I would I wouldn't tell Big Grin
It's got other reasons that will make perfect sense once revealed. I could tell you if we'd meet in person. But as I just realized we seem to barely miss each other in California (will be there in March).

AE86 ex-daily
02-20-2013, 01:10 PM
Was in the electrical mood the last two days so dug out my MSDIYPNP and got the bluetooth connection working. Still need to do some more testing before I solder everything in place and purchase a ShadowDash license but it's coming along nicely Smile

AE86 ex-daily
02-21-2013, 06:41 PM
Arie - I've forgotten... did we cut your head?

If we haven't would you get a measurement for me???

Take an accurate caliper and measure between the heads surface, and the machined area just inside the intake cam just outside of the alignment dowel for the front intake cam cap.

I believe it is 116.02mm, or 4.568" Can you confirm this???

Dan -

You can |Sad .... OR you can ask for help!!!

OST Porting service - http://hachiroku.net/forums/showthread.php?t=19991
Find all posts by this user
02-21-2013, 08:05 PM
the shortest reading I managed to get with my digital caliper is 115.91mm
for a proper reading I need to source a big enough micrometer - as my caliper only goes to 150mm and I'm not super confident with it's accuracy at that stage. I'll measure again over the weekend, just did a quick one now.

I had to go back to the virgin thread but it seems no we haven't had it cut. And I never did it here.

What are you up to now? Smile

BTW: you wanted a reminder so here goes #1 I'll arrive in Portland on the evening of the 20th and leave again in the morning of the 23rd Wink not much longer now - at this time in a week I'll be looking for a cab in NY Big Grin

AE86 ex-daily