Hi
01-26-2007, 07:31 PM
Hi
Hehe,i think i would be more than satisfied to have it even without lights anyway.
Welcome
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
01-26-2007, 07:56 PM
Hi
the trueno have only one advantage:

you can buy very good new reflectors for it, for cheap, then you have better sight in bad conditions. if you like that its only ok.
Find all posts by this user
01-27-2007, 12:53 AM
Hi
Is a Bunta better than a Takumi here?

[Image: AEU86 AE86 - Hi]
01-27-2007, 12:59 AM
Hi
TRUENO><ONEURT Wrote:Is a Bunta better than a Takumi here?
Offcourse, so far Bunta wips Takumi's ass Big Grin

Greetz,

Bastiaan "mux213" Olij

Moved down under, no more hachi Sad
01-27-2007, 01:10 AM
Hi
So is Bunta a better racer in the Anime?
Confused
'Cause in the movie, Takumi is the real racing God of Mt. Akina.

ALSO:

How much (approx.) would a Trueno like the Fujiwara Tofu delivery car be?

01-27-2007, 01:19 AM
Hi
Yupz, in the Anime Bunta isn't a drunk and still damn good with the 86. I think in the movie he still is aswell, the few occasions he's soberBig Grin

In the UK, a good Panda Trueno would probably sell for 7000, 8000 pounds?

Greetz,

Bastiaan "mux213" Olij

01-27-2007, 01:37 AM
Hi
You cannot talk about Bunta and Takumi if you havent watched the anime. That Movie is just SO wrong on so many levels that im not loosing any breath over.
01-27-2007, 11:51 AM
Hi
Apolan,

Sorry wise there is only one truth and that is the manga. That's what both the anime and the movie are based on. The anime follows the Mange closely but there are important differences between them (like Natsuki going to work for the gasstation Takumi used to work for, instead of working for a burger place).

In fact, the movie gets some things right that the anime got wrong.

Still have to agree with you, story wise the movie was way off. The manga never explains much about Bunta's past and his relation with Takumi's mom asfar as I've read it (Banpei correct me if I'm wrong, you've read it further then me) but asfar as I know he was never a drunk. I must say that seeing Takumi's mom not being around, Bunta drinking himself crazy seems more logical then the contemplated, down to earth, uberracer that Bunta is in the anime.

Greetz,

Bastiaan "mux213" Olij

01-27-2007, 12:53 PM
Hi
Bunta drank from time to time according to Takumi, he mentions this when he is waiting for the Trueno before the R32 battle with the Nightkids. Bunta also goes for a drink from time to time, however he's never displayed drunk. Undecided
Bunta is indeed a lot better than his kid (however the mechanic in the manga say he will get better than him in two years): everyone who has read the manga or seen the anime knows the ashtray scene. As a non-smoker you can swap the ashtray for an airco. Wink

Anyway, too much offtopic about something which is not very important. Tongue

1982 - TA60 Carina 4dr sedan - fun cruiser
1983 - AE86 Sprinter Trueno - import project
2013 - Honda Civic sport - daily driver
2004 - AEU86 dot ORG - daily domain

Support our forum, buy from the AEU86 shop:
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
01-27-2007, 01:06 PM
Hi
what do you think would win in a drift and a drag race: a Trueno or an MR2 Mk.2?