My little (not really...) project - Soon to be all done?!?
01-17-2008, 06:43 PM
Hey Jan,

The pulley can be a real pest, I bought a special tool to pull it off from haraldnyborg. I believe it was this:
http://www.harald-nyborg.dk/merinfo.asp?...61&n=60100

And that cam-cover looks really bad... Going to be a pest to clean. Sad

Regards
Lars Veiss, Denmark
Currently [URL=http://www.aeu86.org/viewtopic/dk-ae86-renovation-and-turbo-project---now-driveable/t/2474/start=150[/URL]
Find all posts by this user
01-17-2008, 06:49 PM
Thanks but I allready got one... But I just can't get the bolt undone Banging head

Sarcasme is just one of the things I offer Wink

Daily driver: '92 Toyota Carina E GTI
Rebuilt project: '86 Levin hatch
[Image: AEU86 AE86 - My little (not really...) p...ll done?!?]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
01-17-2008, 07:21 PM
Judging from the way that head looks.. you're probably going to have to do more than just clean the engine. You only see that much gunk on seriously neglected engines, or engines that have bad crankcase ventilation setups like the CA18DET.

Oh, and put an airgun or electric impact driver thingy on that pulley bolt.. It usually gets the job done in under a minute.

FABRICA MI DIEM, PVNC!
01-18-2008, 04:54 AM
run a 4AC rear wheel drive water pump housing setup,then use a FWD water pump,u will have grind down the fins alittle.where the thermostat is on the back of the head capp it with a channel in it,the outlet in the pic above that comes off the head becomes ur top radiator outlet,
on the exhaust side of the head theres an outlet at the back,capp that and put a fitting in there for a heater line.
hope this helps

if first u dont succeed,ur not trying hard enough
01-18-2008, 05:23 AM
wow that head looks just like my old 20v Banging head thats why i sold it cuz it looked like it never had a good day ever, plus 2lts are fun Yummie! Yummie!

but ur car looks wonderful man, once u rebuild the motor i think u hould be fine looks like a rebuild is needed, Pass sells alot of the stuff for these now, Thumbs up!

"life begins at 8000rpms" - Going Racing

01-18-2008, 09:07 AM
20vPETE Wrote:run a 4AC rear wheel drive water pump housing setup
4AC RWD are rare here... All AE86 are GT's with 4AGE.

Now I have to take off the head I might just as well do it like this:
RWD 20V waterlines

86er Wrote:wow that head looks just like my old 20v thats why i sold it cuz it looked like it never had a good day ever, plus 2lts are fun

but ur car looks wonderful man, once u rebuild the motor i think u hould be fine looks like a rebuild is needed, Pass sells alot of the stuff for these now,
Yeah I remember. But I'll take it apart and see how bad it is... Never rebuild an engine, but there is a first for everything Smile

01-19-2008, 01:09 AM
even a RWD 4age housing setup will work.
man thats dodgey stuff there,no one in australia does that.alot easier to make a plate like i did

if first u dont succeed,ur not trying hard enough
01-19-2008, 07:07 AM
hi there. you can buy a water line kit from pass racing.. its pricey but it will be worth it. they also carry the dizzy relocation kit. talk to max, he might be able to give u a deal. and as for that stubborn bolt goes, heat it up w/ a torch (just the bolt head) untill red, then hit it w/ a impact gun. that should do the trick. good luck. ive always liked ur project, even tho its a hatchback :wink:
im doing the same to my coupe. ill be posting a thread as soon as i get more done. all ive been doing is buying parts.

te72 wagon
ae86 levin coupe project
01-19-2008, 09:47 AM
Pete, I was going to make a plate. But since I have to take the head apart anyway I'll do it the other way. I simply think its cleaner and it will give a bit more clearence to the firewall.

Projectrollas, I know I can get these kits! But why would I spend +$2000 (incl tax and shipping)? This will look cleaner (I hope!), be cheaper and work just as well. I am going to drop the dizzy since I'll be running a VEMS ECU Smile

Quote:ive always liked ur project, even tho its a hatchback
im doing the same to my coupe. ill be posting a thread as soon as i get more done. all ive been doing is buying parts.
Hahaha :!: Well thanks, I think Wink

I'll make sure to check it out! Even though it is a coupe...

01-19-2008, 01:40 PM
looking awesome jan Yummie! Yummie!

keep up the pace Thumbs up! hope the head doesn't need too much work. You think it will be ready at the end of march? Dumb question Smile

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Ivan's coupe: bodywork is done Ivan141 676 766,204 08-07-2024 08:46 AM
Last Post: banpei
  (Catching up...) OST-082: Nope, never again... at least not without all the parts oldeskewltoy 0 1,438 06-28-2022 09:17 PM
Last Post: oldeskewltoy
  OST-066: I get all wavy (4AC content) oldeskewltoy 10 13,105 04-03-2020 04:29 PM
Last Post: Power_uP
  d3nso's little AE86 N2 build d3nso 27 33,957 11-13-2017 11:42 AM
Last Post: mad.matt
  Doc's KE20: - really coming together now The Doctor 548 504,938 08-03-2011 11:57 AM
Last Post: The Doctor