Bakwoods back from the dead
11-30-2011, 07:42 PM
Bakwoods back from the dead
Hey guys, I was on here before about a year ago just lurking and I haven't posted since. I was in the process of aquiring an 87 rolla, but the lady I was trying to get it from wouldn't budge. She had "too much going on in her personal life" whatever the hell that means.

Either way it looks like my patience has actually paid off for once. In about 2 weeks I'll be picking up the car from her garage, it's on flats right now hasn't been started since at least 1990. So figure over 20 years of rust, rot, and ruined fluids. I've got a lot of work ahead of me.

Unfortunately there is not a lot of information listed online about how to restore something from the dead especially THIS old. However I do know the general guidelines. The car was luckily garaged in a barn so it didn't see the elements, however I fear there are rodents, bees, muppets, and the like infesting the chasis. I hope that I don't have to sit there replacing chewed wires and cleaning chipmunk carcasses.

I look forward to getting it towed to my house where I will slowly start dismembering it and rebuilding it bolt by bolt. I figure the very least I can do is to replace the rusted bolts and replace with new ones. Clean the engine bay REAL well. And then start considering all sorts of ideas as to a motor swap.

I look forward to getting some opinions from you guys and I hope that I can get some tips and tricks that will help ease me into this transition.
Find all posts by this user

Messages In This Thread
Bakwoods back from the dead - Bakwoods - 11-30-2011 07:42 PM
[] - cavey - 11-30-2011, 08:06 PM
[] - zenki - 11-30-2011, 08:09 PM
[] - Bakwoods - 12-01-2011, 05:19 AM
[] - cannabolic - 12-01-2011, 06:34 PM

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Guess what... back again! JTA 4 4,663 06-08-2007 12:10 AM
Last Post: JTA
  I'm back! JTA 9 7,147 08-13-2006 04:12 PM