Banpeis project
06-24-2005, 10:56 AM
Banpeis project
jamiemirror Wrote:banpei, fix the rust ASAP !
There is 99% chance that your rear bottom part of the chasis is bad rusted :-( Look for holes and rust under the rear bumper.
The windshield glass is 60EU in Bulgaria, but rust under the glass is big problem - very hard to fix so don't wait.
TE71Corolla did fix some parts (need to be checked anyway), and we are going to look at what other parts are rusted as well.

The windshield and rust will be fixed asap, whenever I find a windshield. That is together with the disk-brake first priority. Smile

1982 - TA60 Carina 4dr sedan - fun cruiser
1983 - AE86 Sprinter Trueno - import project
2013 - Honda Civic sport - daily driver
2004 - AEU86 dot ORG - daily domain

Support our forum, buy from the AEU86 shop:
[Image: AEU86 AE86 - Banpeis project]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
06-24-2005, 11:04 AM
Banpeis project
Congrats BAnpei!
Have fun fixing her up!

FABRICA MI DIEM, PVNC!
06-26-2005, 11:31 PM
Banpeis project
Tried to figure out all the loose connectors of the dash. Still some questionmarks about a few connectors. Undecided

I am also missing two switches: rear foglight, rear window defogger

So if anyone can help me out with both: help is appreciated! Respect!

Attached File(s) Thumbnail(s)

06-26-2005, 11:43 PM
Banpeis project
Banpei, I had the same problem with the switches, go to the junkyard and go after a celica (till 1989). Those cars have almost the same dashboard with switches...
If you don't have any luck Thumbs up! , pm me and I get them for you.

And good luck with the rust. I'm helping my baby with some little rust problems. I'm lucky because the car was treated good in poland. They painted it well...
Find all posts by this user
06-26-2005, 11:47 PM
Banpeis project
And old starlets have also a lot of parts for the hatchi. Go looking for something around the years 1987 and look through the car.

I fixed a lot of things on my hatchi this way, and those parts where very cheap (keys/door locks/switches/ignitor). I think around 10 euro's for all.
06-27-2005, 09:25 AM
Banpeis project
Thanks! That's a good idea. Thumbs up!
(stupid of me not to think about that. :o )

06-27-2005, 09:38 AM
Banpeis project
mr2 aw11 corolla ae82 and celica all have the same switches i believe Ivan still has a few

Cars:
"99 Lexus IS200
"86 AE86 Kouki Panda Levin GT-Apex (restore project)
"84 AE86 Zenki Blue Levin (project racer)
Motorcycles:
"02 Yamaha R1
"02 Honda Hornet S
"08 BMW R1200GS
06-27-2005, 10:13 AM
Banpeis project
Also there are some connectors that are supposed to just dangle behind the dash...specifically a few near the ecu and relay boxes. (on the side of the footwells.

I have a few switches but I was planning to use those myself. Personally I think those old starlets have the best switches, I have a dual switch that fits the big hole exactly, and the styling matches the ae86 dash. Starlets are also a great source for spare relays.

FABRICA MI DIEM, PVNC!
06-27-2005, 11:11 AM
Banpeis project
Ivan141 Wrote:Also there are some connectors that are supposed to just dangle behind the dash...specifically a few near the ecu and relay boxes. (on the side of the footwells.
I'd guess these should dangle then:
Thanks! Smile

Quote:I have a few switches but I was planning to use those myself. Personally I think those old starlets have the best switches, I have a dual switch that fits the big hole exactly, and the styling matches the ae86 dash. Starlets are also a great source for spare relays.
Ah, I'd guess the dual switch is where the mirror-controls are. Smile
But I'll try to find an old starlet on the dump. Smile

07-03-2005, 07:12 PM
Banpeis project
Last friday switched the rear brakes with brand new shiny bling stock brakes. Wink
Mux should have the pictures on his cam, but will follow later. After Mux and I got to Mux his place Robokill and Ivan141 were there as well. Finally got the seats Robokill used to own (but weren't the color matching his car). Thanks! Respect!

I've started cleaning the driverseat, on the pic you can already see the difference between 1 year being stashed in Mux his shed and a good vacumcleaning. Smile

But it still doesn't satisfy me and I've started today taking the driverseat apart and cleaning the fabric with good old "Robijn Fleur en Fijn". Tongue
It looks a lot better now, but I had to cut all the metal rings holding the seat and the fabric together, so I need to buy tiny tiewraps tomorrow and I'm thinking about changing all metal rods (only inside the fabric) along the way since some of them are rusting really bad. Sad
I'll make a how-to since the logic of taking the seat apart wasn't exactly my logic. Undecided

Anyway, another problem popped up: both my seatbelts aren't working for 90% of the time. So now I have to start looking for replacements... Angry

Attached File(s) Thumbnail(s)