Banpeis project
07-22-2005, 08:16 AM
Banpeis project
TE71, ben inderdaad benieuwd wat er met dat raam gebeurt is, Art is daar achteraan gegaan maar weet niet wat daar uit gekomen is...

Greetz,

Bastiaan "mux213" Olij

Moved down under, no more hachi Sad
Find all posts by this user
07-22-2005, 08:27 AM
Banpeis project
Ok guys... what about us non German-talking people? Dumb question

AE86 FANATIC!!!
07-22-2005, 08:30 AM
Banpeis project
alimonos, oops sorry. Just discussing about the windshield TE71 was supposed to get from the owners of this car before him. As you know Banpei bought the car from TE71.

Greetz,

Bastiaan "mux213" Olij

07-22-2005, 10:25 AM
Banpeis project
TE71corolla Wrote:
banpei Wrote:
mux213 Wrote:Art, dont worry, we'll get her fixed up in time one way or anotherSmile
I hope so... But I wouldn't know where to find another windscreen. Worst case scenario is cancel reservations and leave two or three days later. Angry

But I hoped to check a few things before leaving the country... I also wanted to have my wheels balanced: one of the front wheels is definetly unbalanced. Undecided

Banging head waar ik toen die auto gekocht hebt ,staat een raam,is betaald door mij ,en had ik verteld aan je,die kan je zo ophalen
I know, and I contacted them, but after the first mail they did not react any more... I also asked around what it would cost to put in a windshield which I would bring along since I don't have the skiils to do it myself: it costs between 150 and 200 euros. Since I have the insurance which covers it when they buy the windscreen for me it will only cost me 70 euros. A lot cheaper when they do it instead of bringing along my own.

Reminds me: TE71Corolla: do you still have the original lightswitch of the car? The current switch is apparently a levin switch and I can't leave the lights popped up without the lights being on. Is a bit hard to switch lightbulbs this way. Wink

I picked up the car this morning and found they fixed the rust very neat. You can only see where the rust once was by looking at the small surface difference: it shines a bit more at that spot.

I've placed it in the workspace of my dad and start assembling the dashboard tomorrow. I'll have to check all the wires (especially the tachometer).

I also found out the original Toyota radio connector is exactly the same connector as new models Mitsubishi, only the of wires are a bit mixed up. Since I can't find any Toyota->ISO connector (model 1986 or earlier) I probably have to modify it a bit.

1982 - TA60 Carina 4dr sedan - fun cruiser
1983 - AE86 Sprinter Trueno - import project
2013 - Honda Civic sport - daily driver
2004 - AEU86 dot ORG - daily domain

Support our forum, buy from the AEU86 shop:
[Image: AEU86 AE86 - Banpeis project]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
07-22-2005, 10:30 AM
Banpeis project
We want pictures!!Smile

Great news banpei, glad it went smooth and fast. I hope your neighboor give you a good price for the workSmile

Greetz,

Bastiaan "mux213" Olij

07-22-2005, 11:11 AM
Banpeis project
mux213 Wrote:We want pictures!!Smile

Great news banpei, glad it went smooth and fast. I hope your neighboor give you a good price for the workSmile
Yep. He was quite happy to do it without invoice. Smile

07-22-2005, 01:11 PM
Banpeis project
banpei Wrote:
mux213 Wrote:We want pictures!!Smile

Yep. He was quite happy to do it without invoice. Smile

Thats a crime! I never buy or make any kind of jobs, without invoice... Evil

Youtube Myspace and I´ll Google your Yahoo
07-22-2005, 02:44 PM
Banpeis project
Knudsen Wrote:Thats a crime! I never buy or make any kind of jobs, without invoice... Evil
Yeah, I normally don't either. But he is my neighbour, so I don't really care about having an invoice for guarantees or something like that. And I know he already has a tough time: so this will help him a bit more. Tongue

07-22-2005, 05:19 PM
Banpeis project
I was joking... Smile
I earn more money "moonlighting" than on my regular job. But SHHH, dont tell anybody :wink:

Youtube Myspace and I´ll Google your Yahoo
07-22-2005, 05:52 PM
Banpeis project
Knudsen Wrote:I was joking... Smile
I earn more money "moonlighting" than on my regular job. But SHHH, dont tell anybody :wink:
I won't... Big Grin

Nah, but it saves a lot of money for me. Wink