Bean Bandits Levin 'Globetrotter'
12-06-2012, 01:49 PM
[Image: AEU86 AE86 - Bean Bandits Levin 'Globetrotter']
So bassicly if I unplug the 10p connector and do a continuity test on the pin #10 and #20 (on the plug, not the ecu) You should have you answer, right ?
Find all posts by this user
12-06-2012, 02:17 PM
Project D Wrote:So bassicly if I unplug the 10p connector and do a continuity test on the pin #10 and #20 (on the plug, not the ecu) You should have you answer, right ?

maybe, I'm not sure anymore, after the readings I had. You might get a false positive as well

AE86 ex-daily
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
12-06-2012, 03:22 PM
Test done and I have a continuity. (multimeter bip)
Maybe a false positive, though...
Maybe a long shot here, but injectors are coils so the current may go through them and we get a continuity by the + wire.

I tried to disconnet one injector to give you the resistance (still OEM here, like my whole engine actually) but the plugs are hell to remove and it's f.. freezing here Confused
12-06-2012, 04:05 PM
Thanks for the effort, I'll look into it again on the weekend.

AE86 ex-daily
12-23-2012, 09:32 PM
no news on the harness front yet - measured my injectors but already forgot the reading again as it was a few days ago.
Anyways another parcel arrived (final lifters, FPR, test bearings) just before X-Mas so I will try and get some real update up by tomorrow evening with the mostly finished head.

Changed my brake pads today as the old ones were worn to and almost beyond the limit. Sporting the slightly cheaper Project µ NS now instead of B-Spec as there's no need for the down here. The former B-Spec lasted about 4 years if memory serves me right including in excess of 2 dozen laps on the Nürburgring and other trackdays.

If I ever manage to live close by a racetrack again I'll get a set of B-Spec or HC+ again.

AE86 ex-daily
12-24-2012, 12:20 PM
just a word of caution for everyone using Supertech parts. They are nice but the valve seals only fit Supertech guides as they are slimmer to account for their dual spring setup :/
minor disappointment, luckily no set back as I have OEM seals around.

AE86 ex-daily
12-24-2012, 09:56 PM
Bean Bandit Wrote:just a word of caution for everyone using Supertech parts. They are nice but the valve seals only fit Supertech guides as they are slimmer to account for their dual spring setup :/

What are your part numbers?? OST-020 seals are VS-TS6I - intake, VS-TS6E exhaust. I've not yet fitted them, but they are alleged to be the correct seals for stock guides

Dan -

You can |Sad .... OR you can ask for help!!!

OST Porting service - http://hachiroku.net/forums/showthread.php?t=19991
12-24-2012, 10:15 PM
oldeskewltoy Wrote:
Bean Bandit Wrote:just a word of caution for everyone using Supertech parts. They are nice but the valve seals only fit Supertech guides as they are slimmer to account for their dual spring setup :/

What are your part numbers?? OST-020 seals are VS-TS6I - intake, VS-TS6E exhaust. I've not yet fitted them, but they are alleged to be the correct seals for stock guides

Think mine are different, will check tomorrow. Mine came in the kit along with the springs and retainers. Anyway I have 2 or 3 OEM sets so fitted one of those, they fitted snug and easy and will work just as well.

On a side note if you have any use for my eight 1SZ-FE lifter (the thinnest ones) - I'll bring them along in March same for the seals once I confirmed you the partnumber.

AE86 ex-daily
12-25-2012, 02:04 AM
hey Bean, nice going mate looking good :-)

Cars:
"99 Lexus IS200
"86 AE86 Kouki Panda Levin GT-Apex (restore project)
"84 AE86 Zenki Blue Levin (project racer)
Motorcycles:
"02 Yamaha R1
"02 Honda Hornet S
"08 BMW R1200GS
12-25-2012, 10:13 AM
So here goes pictures as promised.
@oldeskewltoy: I do have a different part number indeed, guess they packed in the wrong one when I ordered many moons ago. Mine are VS-T6SM and are most probably the right ones for their guides.

All pictures clickable for bigger versions.

Comparison pic of the Supertech (top) vs OEM (bottom) and the leftovers bag (seals and my set of 8 1SZ-FE test lifters 5.12mm)
[Image: AEU86 AE86 - Bean Bandits Levin 'Globetrotter'] [Image: AEU86 AE86 - Bean Bandits Levin 'Globetrotter']
seals fitted / springs and retainers fitted / almost done
[Image: AEU86 AE86 - Bean Bandits Levin 'Globetrotter'] [Image: AEU86 AE86 - Bean Bandits Levin 'Globetrotter'] [Image: AEU86 AE86 - Bean Bandits Levin 'Globetrotter']

deliberate use of assembly paste is on purpose as my crank is still in Switzerland and wont be back 'till February so the head needs to be stored.

Meanwhile I need to clean the cam covers, block and other small parts. Have the block machined for the new pistons. Measure the correct bearing sizes to order those in which will be a while. Last but not least finish the wiring for the ECU. Spring should be fun Smile

On another note I'll be moving again in summer to another country and the fate of my AE86 has to be assessed once more. I'm pretty sure that I wont be allowed to drive it on the road there (not allowed to tell where that is just yet) but will see if I can take it with me non the less. This would give me ~4 years with the car off the road and therefor ample time to restore it bottom to top and front to back. Else it'll go back to Switzerland and with loads of headaches and bureaucracy shenanigans will try to make it my holiday car. Both options have there pros and cons although so far I prefer option 1.

AE86 ex-daily