Firehawk's N2 racecar project
07-13-2006, 09:42 PM
Have you had any more luck with those clutch members? I just took apart an old zenki LSD that I had for spares, the clutch member holding the sattelite gears is also broken. Hopefully I wont find any of this type of damage in my own old LSD.. the one I want to rebuild.

FABRICA MI DIEM, PVNC!
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
07-14-2006, 03:17 PM
Ivan141 Wrote:Have you had any more luck with those clutch members? I just took apart an old zenki LSD that I had for spares, the clutch member holding the sattelite gears is also broken. Hopefully I wont find any of this type of damage in my own old LSD.. the one I want to rebuild.
No, haven't had any luck yet. Sad I've been asking around from people who are selling AE86 diffs but haven't bought one yet. I have pretty much everything else I need for the rebuild except for the clutch members so I'll keep trying. Smile

In the meanwhile, I've got plenty of time to work on the body - I reckon that all the rust repairs (sans the rear arches) and seam welding should be complete after this weekend. I still don't know what to use for repairing the rear arches, though (Irishtwincam, any word on those new Wolf Steel panels?)..
07-21-2006, 02:48 PM
Ahh, finally managed to find a spare LSD - one of the side gears is cracked and has also worn out the planetary gears quite badly but fortunately the clutch members were still undamaged. Hurray!

[Image: AEU86 AE86 - Firehawk's N2 racecar project]

I also managed to get my hands on a pretty rare Carrosser (aka Cusco) speedometer gear kit which changes the speedo gears to match a 4.625 final gear. It should make the speedo reading a bit more accurate when using the 4.778 final gear.

Well, didn't quite get all the welding done but at least all the rust holes on the floorpan are now fixed. 80% of the spot welding is also done - there's a bit more work to do around the rear wheel wells. I added some new photos to the gallery;

http://www.r5r.net/photo/v/projects/ae86...?g2_page=2

As soon as the floorpan and frame rails are finished, I'll paint them (using a brush to get the paint in every small gap) with some gray etching primer for rust protection. Then I can turn the car back upright and start working on the visible side. There's such a thick layer of paint on the car that it's probably best to strip everything that's visible down to bare metal before repainting. Smile
07-21-2006, 03:39 PM
jani,

in one of the other threads irishtwincam posted the rear wheel arch that is now available, 90$ if I am not mistaken but don't hold me to itSmile Better PM him for details.

Greetz,

Bastiaan "mux213" Olij

Moved down under, no more hachi Sad
Find all posts by this user
07-21-2006, 04:10 PM
Wow...nice finds..where did you find the lsd and speedo gear? yahoo japan?

FABRICA MI DIEM, PVNC!
07-21-2006, 05:22 PM
Ivan141 Wrote:Wow...nice finds..where did you find the lsd and speedo gear? yahoo japan?
Actually, I got them both from here in Finland. Big Grin I got the LSD from a fellow Toyota Club of Finland member and the speedo gear from a friend of mine who runs a Toyota-only tuning parts shop. He bought the entire remaining stock of parts from Chowini's, a tuning company/racing team in Hong Kong (yes - the team who was going to run the 17-mile AE86 race car that's for sale here) and got loads of really oldskool tuning parts. His list of parts is here, along with lots of awesome photos of Chowini's racecars in action, including several AE86s (list is in Finnish, unfortunately - ask me for translations):

http://www.rmf.fi/PC_Toyota.htm

Photos of the parts are here (starting about halfway through the page):

http://www.rmf.fi/RMF_HK_Kamat/Sivu1.html
07-21-2006, 06:24 PM
Does he have more of those speedo kits? I just got my 4.5 r&p set, I wonder if toyota sells something that will work with the t50 for that end reduction.

BTW, all those pics just gave me a huge hard-on... what parts does he have for ae86's?

FABRICA MI DIEM, PVNC!
07-21-2006, 08:08 PM
can you give me the list for the K-series engine parts, i can see some of them, but i can't understand it Tongue

"It's all about the heart, the people who focus on parts, turbo's and all that stuff...they're just losers."
-Shinji Minowa
07-21-2006, 08:44 PM
O MY GOD!

Those parts look fantastic!I like the original style rpm meter which goes to 10.000 RPM. Evil

Only costs 450 euro Huh

Real men race downhill
07-21-2006, 09:41 PM
I made a quick'n'dirty translation to english of the parts list; Wink

http://www.r5r.net/tmp/PC_Toyota.htm

The list may not be up-to-date, so email him ([email protected]) and ask whether some part is still available.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  ae86 racecar with beams engine bakonick 148 160,417 04-23-2024 10:06 PM
Last Post: bakonick
  Racecar: TRD USA built ITA AE86 oldeskewltoy 38 41,201 07-22-2019 02:55 PM
Last Post: apardal
  S.K.s AE86 racecar S.K. 207 216,868 09-18-2016 11:39 AM
Last Post: totta Crolla
  Jonny's Levin Racecar Jonny Rochester 9 11,821 01-03-2010 04:34 PM
Last Post: woper
  Another AE86 build up - Racecar Jan Pedersen 18 19,808 06-09-2008 03:34 PM