1983 - AE86 Sprinter Trueno - import project
2013 - Honda Civic sport - daily driver
2004 - AEU86 dot ORG - daily domain

Support our forum, buy from the AEU86 shop:
[Image: AEU86 AE86 - Hi]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
01-27-2007, 01:16 PM
Hi
Ah, but there is no drag race there right? But with the 11.000rpm engine that all trueno's come standard with, I think it will walk all over the MR2.

@Banpei, please elaborate on the ashtray scene thing..I had a theory about what was suggested in the movie, wondering what the manga has in it.

A wheel to steer the front of the car
A pedal to steer the rear
Find all posts by this user
01-28-2007, 12:43 PM
Hi
Yay.

My brother an i agreed to have 2 races, drift and drag, when he gets back on the road (after loosing his licence) with an MR2 and i get my licence and an AE86.

Unfortunatly, it looks like getting the licence and the Trueno wont be at the same time. Sad

01-28-2007, 12:54 PM
Hi
Sounds like your brother will loose his license just as quickly again then....

Do it in a safe place, keep it all in one piece mate. Big Grin

The MK2 MR2 is more powerful then the hachi but also havier. In a drag race I'd say it be faster easily if driven properly. But I hate dragracing anywaysBig Grin

In drift, the MR2 is definately a more difficult car unless you have had alot of practice. The Hachi depends very much on the suspension and you're skills.

If you're both untrained in drift, I'm pretty sure you'll just end up wrecking each others cars. Especially if the cars are relatively stock.
If you've had lots of practice, then it may be an interesting battle. But then I'm talking about A LOT of practice.

So I'd say, when you get your hachi roku, sign up for some practice days first. There are plenty of learner days in the UK that don't cost you much and you can have loads of fun learning your car in a legal and safe environment.

Greetz,

Bastiaan "mux213" Olij

Moved down under, no more hachi Sad
01-28-2007, 01:04 PM
Hi
Look man, if you wanna be good in drifting on touge and doing battles and time atacks and kansei doriftos, better start delivering tofu asap!
01-28-2007, 01:30 PM
Hi
NoHachi Wrote:@Banpei, please elaborate on the ashtray scene thing..I had a theory about what was suggested in the movie, wondering what the manga has in it.
Manga and Anime were quite similar: during a small test drive Bunta and his gasstation-friend take the hachi for a spin. During the first drift Bunta grabs a cigarette, lights it, opens the ashtray and drifts only by using the gaspedal saying he had an immense urge to smoke. Ofcourse the whole scene becomes more hilarious if your name is ZaX and you do the same thing, but then with an airco. Big Grin Big Grin

1982 - TA60 Carina 4dr sedan - fun cruiser

01-28-2007, 02:01 PM
Hi
WHat? when did zax do that?

I remmber that scene, it was the best hehe. Yuichii or whatshisname almost passing out from anxiety, bunta calmly lighting one, makes a comment "hmmm, not bad.." and drives on.. then he goes on to say: " Buckle up, im gonna drive serious now" hahahahha Big Grin
01-28-2007, 02:13 PM
Hi
I heard the story from Mux last week, so I recon he did it on Novi Marof. Wink

Ofcourse the whole thing in Initial D is just impossible: if you have ever smoked you know it is not possible. Big Grin Big Grin

01-28-2007, 02:15 PM
Hi
hard to do it coz the steering wheel automaticly countersteers when you drift.. so unless he held it with his knee or something.. you never know. bunta can do anything Big Grin
01-28-2007, 03:22 PM
Hi
Apolan Wrote:hard to do it coz the steering wheel automaticly countersteers when you drift.. so unless he held it with his knee or something.. you never know. bunta can do anything Big Grin
He did use his knee to keep the steering wheel in place. Wink

But I meant more or less how long it takes to light a cigarette: by the time you've put it in your mouth you are already back on the streight (or the next corner). Big Grin Big Grin