Hood Question, easy answer if you have a tape measure.
08-07-2009, 05:31 PM
Hi fellow toyota fans...I presently own three ST165's...for those who do not know what they are, they are "homologation special vehicle" built for the WRC (thats what i tell people when i brag lol)....but no really though, not many were made, they are a AWD Turbo car. powered by the famed and prided 3s-gte.

but enough of that silliness...i'm here at aeu86.org because i came across this strange looking st165:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WBeA4xnVMxg

yes i know the bumper is missing, etc etc, but the hood is what caught my interest. since i have been into alltracs for over 3 years now. i have yet to see an aftermarket hood for an alltrac, well to be exact a ST165, the ST185 and ST205 have some aftermarket support but not much....either way in that video the hood def looks to be after market.

One i would love to have one for efficiency, due to the fact that i have a turbo crammed up the hood, and it gets HOT in there:

http://i478.photobucket.com/albums/rr149...G_0042.jpg

no ventilation at all, so a hood like that would be GREAT.

plus to me it that hood looks pretty cool.

my guess is that the individual in that youtube video bought a hood for another car with similar body dimensions. So comparing the appearance of the two stock hoods of a AE86 and a ST165, they are both toyota, they are of the same vintages, they both have flip up head lights, the hoods look very very very similar....so since i dont have a AE86(although i would like to have one, just having three alltrac's kinda makes a person poor over time) i was hoping a kind person on this forum could do me a favor and measure their stock hood for me?

hope its not too much to ask Smile

thank you all for you time, and maybe one day i will be graced with owning another amazing toyota and become an active member on here Smile you never know. thanks again Smile
Find all posts by this user
08-09-2009, 04:23 AM
i guess no one has an answer for Crying

i know i'm being ambitious with my hopes that the hoods are similar...but hey one can have dreams right? Thumbs up!
Find all posts by this user

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  im new havent got a clue yet :D have an 85 trueno irish ae86 12 10,984 03-22-2011 07:16 PM
Last Post: Eric
  Ok so i have one now what someassemblyrequired 8 6,613 05-10-2010 10:40 PM
Last Post: someassemblyrequired
  i have a Coroolla to :) brawnie 8 6,976 12-22-2007 10:30 AM
Last Post: Ivan141
  1st time to have a toyota olla_86 3 4,231 03-25-2007 03:08 PM
Last Post: DJexor
  I have 10 AE86's in UK richieu 21 16,883 05-04-2005 11:53 PM
Last Post: banpei