Initial-D The Movie
06-15-2005, 10:21 PM
Initial-D The Movie
I'm proud to own most things Initial D, so long as they are not re-made Tokyopop cack. So i'll probably buy the DVD after downloading if anything for the quality and the extra features.
Find all posts by this user
06-15-2005, 10:56 PM
Initial-D The Movie
hk86 Wrote:I hope you won't jsut download it free off P2P (I support movies from my countries)

Or you get DVD after you download it Thumbs up!
So it's allright to rip off Americans with Mountain Vengance, but if it's from your own country you won't allow us... >Smile

Nah, not worth it. Chinese DVD's feature English subs most of the time, so I'll probably buy it anyway. Smile

1982 - TA60 Carina 4dr sedan - fun cruiser
1983 - AE86 Sprinter Trueno - import project
2013 - Honda Civic sport - daily driver
2004 - AEU86 dot ORG - daily domain

Support our forum, buy from the AEU86 shop:
[Image: AEU86 AE86 - Initial-D The Movie]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
06-15-2005, 11:51 PM
Initial-D The Movie
By the way, the girl is not beautiful
Don't you think so? Banging head
06-16-2005, 12:00 AM
Initial-D The Movie
That picture of her isn't too great but she looks nice in most of the other shots. Mind you I didnt understand Mogis appeal in the anime as she was nowhere near as sexy as Mako Blush
06-16-2005, 08:59 AM
Initial-D The Movie
HK,

I'd buy the DVD originally right away without a second thought if it is brought out with english subtitles. But I have good hopes for that seeing its a HK movie. The problem then being that it is sold in HK and may not be exported here to Holland, there are very big licensing issues to start selling it in Holland (or another country) and if it doesn't have enough market for a reseller to be interesting in it, it wont be in stores here or maybe not untill a year or two from now.

Then there is the problem with the japanese. They only sell their product in japan, its up to someone else to put in the cash so it can be translated and released somewhere else and often that does not turn a profit. So far only Tokyo pop has done so as far as I know. Jezza's bought DVDs most likely are still bootlegs just like mine and everybody else's. They are all fansubs put on DVD.

So in that way the movie industrie is destroying itself. Its basically telling us:
If you want our product either:
- wait for years and years and years and we may sell it to you with some funcky english screwed up dubbing
- download it illegally 1 week after we release it and be amazed at the fact that fansubbers do a better job then we ever can

Even normal movies from Hollywood are already in store in America before they are finally in the cinema here in Holland. We often can download a movie a year before it is ever viewable legally. What sorta crap is that?

That said, if they put initial D in the cinema here, I will see the premiere. If they put initial D in the shops here, I will buy it, else I'll probably ask you or my brother in law to mail me a HK version bought in a HK store.

Greetz,

Bastiaan "mux213" Olij

Moved down under, no more hachi Sad
06-16-2005, 10:20 AM
Initial-D The Movie
Third trailer is on Hurray! Yummie! Thumbs up!

85' AE86 GT coupe lifetime project since 2005
06-16-2005, 07:36 PM
Initial-D The Movie
This is my favourite scene in the new trailer
Wish I could get a wall paper of this

Attached File(s) Thumbnail(s)

06-16-2005, 08:41 PM
Initial-D The Movie
http://www.dddhouse.com/dddhouse/en/inde...uctID=4606

The dvd is already here but not for sale yet, usually hk original dvds have english subs and quality is not bad for a price around 10 euros...

About the anime, there is another company who has the license other than tokyopop, it is Shin-Vision of Italy. They had this license from long time but all TV channels refused to broadcast it (including MTV) so finally last winter they made the dvds (3rd one will be out soon). It is a well made edition with many extras, japanese/italian language and maybe region free but no english subs. There are also 10 different eurobeat songs on each dvd and inside the jacket there is some explanation about the cars which are totally unknown in Italy.
06-16-2005, 10:08 PM
Initial-D The Movie
Jezza_hr Wrote:That picture of her isn't too great but she looks nice in most of the other shots. Mind you I didnt understand Mogis appeal in the anime as she was nowhere near as sexy as Mako Blush
Yeah, but I guess what makes her sexy is her attitude: she is a bit wild compared to the normal Japanese girl. Tongue

1982 - TA60 Carina 4dr sedan - fun cruiser
1983 - AE86 Sprinter Trueno - import project
2013 - Honda Civic sport - daily driver
2004 - AEU86 dot ORG - daily domain

Support our forum, buy from the AEU86 shop:
[Image: AEU86 AE86 - Initial-D The Movie]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
06-20-2005, 08:25 AM
Initial-D The Movie
banpei Wrote:Thanks for the great links! Thumbs up!

Hmmm, if I look at the first movie I see the Skyline rwd-drifting through the corners. Does this imply he drives a GTS now instead of a GTR? Dumb question
Argh! In the third video (ae86) I notice they are using a turbo-ed hachi. Shame on them! Angry

Anyway, I've watched all the movies and now I'm so hyped up I really got to see the movie. Big Grin

There is only ONE person who is writing the script
no one will correct him and stuff and all the people in the movie does not watch initial D (except for Edison Chen who acts Ryosuke but he said he
will be a person with elements from the 2 brothers, so 2 in 1)

About the cars the directors assume every car drifts probably. Ohh watched some bits of it today and it says that Takumi can now finish Akina Downhill for 4.5minutes (Realistic?).

Movie out in 3 days Blush
NEED BT Links Later Evil ?

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  What is Initial D Mux213 2 16,406 01-17-2020 08:07 PM
Last Post: Power_uP
  Initial D typing game reviewed by LGR banpei 6 8,042 04-13-2019 02:12 PM
Last Post: Power_uP
  Initial D Lyrics banpei 2 10,051 03-21-2014 05:17 PM
Last Post: MC_JP
  For all you Initial D Fans J-86 3 6,312 11-08-2012 10:29 PM