Newb: Bas
11-24-2005, 05:23 PM
and most of the time the (semi)classic car needs to be your 2nd car.

Classics insurance is based on the principe that you don't use your car very often, so less risk and less insurancefees

"It's all about the heart, the people who focus on parts, turbo's and all that stuff...they're just losers."
-Shinji Minowa
Find all posts by this user
11-24-2005, 06:29 PM
Hey dont steal my name man!Smile)

Welcome dude.. Hachis are cheap to own compared to the S13 aslong as it doesn't have serious rustproblems. Engines are relyable and cheap, only thing so far thats looking expensive on my car is the rear axle work that should be doneSmile

Hachis are relatively rare here, as far as I've been told only about 200 where ever sold and most have been wreckedSad

Check out our sell section, there is a guy selling a red 3 door and grey 2 door in there, they aint cheap but they are in near new condition.

Cool that someone here is living close to hellebrand. People on the forum have had mixed dealings with them, I visited them some time ago which was a nice experience. Almost bought a car from them but I couldn't sell the car I had back then in time.

Greetz,

Bastiaan "mux213" Olij

Moved down under, no more hachi Sad
11-24-2005, 06:41 PM
mux213 Wrote:Hey dont steal my name man!Smile)

Check out our sell section, there is a guy selling a red 3 door and grey 2 door in there, they aint cheap but they are in near new condition.

The red one already reserved Smile
11-24-2005, 07:03 PM
i've got some pics hosted from when i was there monday, check here:

[url]HERE[URL]
http://www.xs4all.nl/~vanderl/DeBastaard/crap/Corolla

Should be some pics there, taken with my mobile phone, so dont blame me for the quality haha Big Grin

Their Racecars looks Respect! Evil

They got 4 in the workshop, 2 of them on bridges, 2 on the floor and all are being worked on.

They might have a silver-metallic one done in over a month ... mmh!

I'm going to check on those insurance things, i'm not sure if my dads got any other cars on his name, or that the other ones are on my moms name... ah well i'll see about that.

The hachi's are very nice cars, is there anyone living around Limburg where I could possibly do some testfitting? haha Smile

BTW, Let's say if i'd spend 3500euro on a levin... but that would be in good shape then, proper engine etc. etc... that wouldn't be much would it? i payed 3500 for my s13, not to mention the extra stuff Smile
Tires cost me an arm and a leg (fekking 18" )

Bye, Crying
11-24-2005, 08:11 PM
A few years back I was looking at a S14a from 97... Called 10 insurance companies, 3 of them wanted to sell me something, cheapest insurance available was € 7k/year (the other two were like € 10k+)... Of course we have some crazy car prices here, but still, don't whine over a €1800/year insurance with a low low own-risk (I pay €2k/yr with a €2k/yr risk on the Pug in my sig).

Anyway, insuring a car in someone elses name is not a good solution.
At least here in Denmark, the insurance agencies have stopped caring about age, all they care about is your insurance record. It doesn't matter (very much) if you're 18 or 38, if you don't have proof that you've had a car in your name before, they charge the same.
Since people want faster cars as they get older, it's better to pay off the premium as early as possible, since it'll only get worse as you get older and more hungry for power.

Oh, and welcome Wave

Peugeot 206 1.6 XT - 09/2003
Toyota Corolla GT Coupé - 09/1984
Yonzie - 09/1980
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
11-24-2005, 08:36 PM
Yonzie Wrote:A few years back I was looking at a S14a from 97... Called 10 insurance companies, 3 of them wanted to sell me something, cheapest insurance available was € 7k/year (the other two were like € 10k+)... Of course we have some crazy car prices here, but still, don't whine over a €1800/year insurance with a low low own-risk (I pay €2k/yr with a €2k/yr risk on the Pug in my sig).

Anyway, insuring a car in someone elses name is not a good solution.
At least here in Denmark, the insurance agencies have stopped caring about age, all they care about is your insurance record. It doesn't matter (very much) if you're 18 or 38, if you don't have proof that you've had a car in your name before, they charge the same.
Since people want faster cars as they get older, it's better to pay off the premium as early as possible, since it'll only get worse as you get older and more hungry for power.

Oh, and welcome Wave

Well the s13 is insured on my dads name, but people below 24 can drive in it, no problem at all.
Minor side is that i'm not building up damagefree years (means paying less insurance ...).
11-24-2005, 08:51 PM
Bas Wrote:Minor side is that i'm not building up damagefree years (means paying less insurance ...).
That's the major side as that's what decides the price of the insurance. It's better to pay €2k/yr for 3 yrs for an S13 than to pay €500/yr for 3 yrs for the S13 and then trade up to an S15 or something and pay like €5k/yr because you've finally found out it's a good thing to have it in your own name.

Peugeot 206 1.6 XT - 09/2003
Toyota Corolla GT Coupé - 09/1984
Yonzie - 09/1980
11-24-2005, 09:58 PM
Bas Wrote:Oh BTW, what do you guys think of Hellenbrand? They seem to offer pretty good cars for the money? But then again, i've got no idea about the whole 86-scene Banging head
For as far as I've heart... It's an @SSHOLE 1st class.... Even rips off his own family!
But... That's only what I've heart (from more than one person!)... Don't know the guy personally.
11-24-2005, 10:44 PM
Bas, link to DeBastard, you on driftworks by any chance?

Greetz,

Bastiaan "mux213" Olij

Moved down under, no more hachi Sad
11-24-2005, 11:53 PM
mux213 Wrote:Bas, link to DeBastard, you on driftworks by any chance?

100% Correct.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  :: Hello newb to the board and Pics of my 86 :: PDP 18 14,875 09-15-2009 06:19 AM
Last Post: PDP
  Newb from San Diego, CA USA saying hello!!! (LOTS OF PICS) ryceboy_124 3 4,710 07-03-2009 10:46 AM
Last Post: ryceboy_124
  NEWB from Southern Cali....86' GTS suzuka_rob 3 3,912 09-10-2008 01:27 AM
Last Post: suzuka_rob
  Hello from Norway :) (newb ae86 ownership Q's) MiRo 3 4,141 01-22-2007 06:38 PM
Last Post: banpei