Old Fashioned
06-07-2005, 12:43 AM
Old Fashioned
Apoloan, nice to hear that you run your engine.
Don't push it for some times, run her and leave to work for some times.

1984 AE 86 Levin hatchback
1989 AE 92 GTi
2004 Kawasaki KLE 500

CROATIA - small country for great drift
Find all posts by this user
06-07-2005, 10:49 AM
Old Fashioned
Apolan: Great Stuff!

I can't believe you rebuilt a whole car from parts in so little time. Thuimbs up man Thumbs up!
06-08-2005, 12:08 AM
Old Fashioned
Apoloan saw just one AE 86 before he start to build his own car, he build car from pictures and similar things. Respect on efford and will. Respect!

1989 AE 92 GTi
2004 Kawasaki KLE 500

06-21-2005, 10:30 PM
Old Fashioned
Tnx peepz for your support. Goes without saying that i could have never done it w/o your help. Smile i have surpassed even my own expectations, so.. guess hard work does pay.. =)

i have fitted the exhaust and a "muffler" or whats left of it. =) car sounds very nice =) engine revs up smoothly and very lively to 5000 in neutral. i have also finished fabricating the "washers/pins" that hold the brake pads in place..

also i have changed trans oil.. and i purchased LSD oil. Castrol Hypol LS90. is that alright now or not? just have to do something w/ wheels and tyres.. can you belive it, even if i wanted to buyy new rims for my hachi here, nothing would fit right. so i guess il run the stock steelies and than import something from the states or japan..

test drive very soon =)

bai!

ps: i have found mk2 supra celica 14x6 alu wheels, the same that came on a hachi.. (the ugly ones. but in a way quite nice..) the guy wants 100 eur which i consider to be a bit too much.. i dont know if i will buy them or not..
06-28-2005, 10:37 PM
Old Fashioned
PLEASE READ AND HELP! THANKS!

shiiiiiiit this car is off the hook!!! yesterday i changed the lsd oil ...

[Image: AEU86 AE86 - Old Fashioned]

yes that is me under the car on our driveway in the midlle of a downpour.. my love is very big.. =)

... and today was teh first test drive. it was raining a bit and the tyres are 8 yrs old. also the optics (wheel alignment) is way off. and the guy who did my front shocks, has infact done shit! due to all this the drive was terrible, but i enyoied it aaaaaaalllllllllooooootttt! did couple of drifts already.. /what the hell i couldnt go straight due to the poor grip. =)

so, although i was like a fat kid in a candy store past closing time, i have encountered some problems that must be solved.

1) wheel aligment must be done i know, but the car understeered doing a 90n degree turn at lik 5 kmh! can this be?? it had much lesser effect on dry road...

2) shocks are so stiff (even now when the guy un-stiffened them!) that i believe they cannot be brought back to original state.. am i wrong? if so does anybody have a pair of front shocks and springs for sale? how much are new shocks? konis kayaba i dunno.. please help.

3) engine revs up like crazy, very lively (even more than my ex d16 twincam civic. but i had a problem. when i opened up throttle to the full in second. the tyres slid and the second gear kept jumping out at some 4-5k rpm. what could be the problem???

has anyone experienced symilar things? please help out! thanx alot.

hachiroku for life! =)

PS: here are some photos of my baby.. also around is my friends black civic 1.6 Twincam (my ex). the green e39 525i is my fathers. the red citroen bx is also from a friend of mine.. (mi16, curently under construction (mi16 turbo, expecting some ~ 240 hp..)..

peace!
06-28-2005, 10:50 PM
Old Fashioned
I got problem No 3. - poor rear shocks.

I'am intersted for Celica/Supra wheels if offset is corect.

1989 AE 92 GTi
2004 Kawasaki KLE 500

06-29-2005, 12:26 AM
Old Fashioned
I think your clutch is worn out.
Thats probably why the revs jump up in high torque situations as you described.

Hope you get it worked out m8.

David
06-29-2005, 10:00 AM
Old Fashioned
Quote:2) shocks are so stiff (even now when the guy un-stiffened them!) that i believe they cannot be brought back to original state.. am i wrong? if so does anybody have a pair of front shocks and springs for sale? how much are new shocks? konis kayaba i dunno.. please help.

What are your front shocks ? Original ones ?
The original ones can be "rebuilt" - just change the oil inside the strut cases (and if there is no rubber parts worn - all is done).
Another option is ebay.de: use Celica '81 front cartridges - they fit perfect and are ~24EU/pair value KYB gas/oil old stock but new. Another one - AE92 front cartridges (40mm shorter - you must fabricate some kind of paddings to compensate this OR this is the moment to lower the car:
http://www.club4ag.com/faq%20and%20tech_...ersion.htm) - these are also 24EU/pair gas KYB (I use the same).
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
06-29-2005, 02:49 PM
Old Fashioned
Looking nice and shiny there Apolan, but I would paint the grille black, looks way better that way.
About the understeer: what suspension setup are you using right now?
Also the wrong steering approach will cause understeer on a hachi..had trouble with that myself at first..

FABRICA MI DIEM, PVNC!
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
06-30-2005, 10:41 AM
Old Fashioned
Ivan141 Wrote:Also the wrong steering approach will cause understeer on a hachi..had trouble with that myself at first..

What do you mean by "wrong steering approach"?

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  danish renovation, from rusty old banger, to nice drift car katapouser 15 16,634 12-23-2008 10:41 PM
Last Post: katapouser
  Cp joels old school drifter (56k warning) cp joel 77 61,796 09-17-2005 01:21 PM
Last Post: James
  Jons New [Old Project] JonT 75 57,232 08-08-2005 04:26 PM
Last Post: Blueneon