URGENT QUESTION
this part is thread M14
fits on the original shock

but not on the koni
the koni is M12

[Image: AEU86 AE86 - URGENT QUESTION]

so i need this in M12

or do i just cut the nut of and use the spacer and then the nut from the koni

and why is there another spacer in the camber plate kit?

als ik die extra spacer onder de camberplate zet krijg ik de moer er boven niet meer op
en als ik em bovenaan zet ook dus...

No Smorking AE86
Find all posts by this user
01-23-2008, 10:07 PM
URGENT QUESTION
im with AE86 KONI Yellow, and T3 plates - i fitted it without any problems or additional parts

84' AE86 Levin
96' 500HP WRX, powered by landikar
01-23-2008, 11:23 PM
URGENT QUESTION
i did not use any spacer at all.

Spring, on top of that the spring cup, on top of that the camber plate and then i just used the stock koni nut (without the sleeve going in the pillowball). Works perfect.

"It's all about the heart, the people who focus on parts, turbo's and all that stuff...they're just losers."
-Shinji Minowa
01-24-2008, 11:34 AM
URGENT QUESTION
I tried both Tein and AEU86 plates last night and indeed the nut doesn't fit both of them... Both of them have 14 nuts instead of 12 which are needed to make the Konis fit.

Did some searching and came across these topics:
http://www.aeu86.org/viewtopic/which-cam...ers/t/5199
http://www.aeu86.org/viewtopic/fitting-c...uts/t/5828

Solution of Doc will work, but the biggest problem is that the top part of the konis is smaller than the camberplates pillowball and it can have some free-play.

Probably best thing to do is cut off the top part of supplied nut with the camberplate and then use the Koni on top of that... Or has Jamiemirror a better solution? Dumb question

1982 - TA60 Carina 4dr sedan - fun cruiser
1983 - AE86 Sprinter Trueno - import project
2013 - Honda Civic sport - daily driver
2004 - AEU86 dot ORG - daily domain

Support our forum, buy from the AEU86 shop:
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
01-24-2008, 11:43 AM
URGENT QUESTION
banpei Wrote:Solution of Doc will work, but the biggest problem is that the top part of the konis is smaller than the camberplates pillowball and it can have some free-play.

Probably best thing to do is cut off the top part of supplied nut with the camberplate and then use the Koni on top of that... Or has Jamiemirror a better solution? Dumb question

Yeah we talked about it last night, and that was what we are going to try today, thanks for all the info and fast replies Thumbs up!

No Smorking AE86
01-24-2008, 08:43 PM
URGENT QUESTION
banpei Wrote:I tried both Tein and AEU86 plates last night and indeed the nut doesn't fit both of them... Both of them have 14 nuts instead of 12 which are needed to make the Konis fit.

Did some searching and came across these topics:
http://www.aeu86.org/viewtopic/which-cam...ers/t/5199
http://www.aeu86.org/viewtopic/fitting-c...uts/t/5828

Solution of Doc will work, but the biggest problem is that the top part of the konis is smaller than the camberplates pillowball and it can have some free-play.

my AE86 konis together with Cusco Camberplates and stock koni nut had NO play at all. I was afraid of that too, but it didn't feel anything. the tapered section on the nut is enough to keep the shock centered. For shure the koni nut will be better, but as an in-between solution it works perfect.

"It's all about the heart, the people who focus on parts, turbo's and all that stuff...they're just losers."
-Shinji Minowa
01-24-2008, 09:37 PM
URGENT QUESTION
Thanks banpei for checked it out. BTW I emailed tein in UK and they told me you can buy the bolts from their supplier. I already called one of tein suppliers here in Holland, so he tell me to bring the camberplates and my car to his place because he got alots of those stuff around. I will go to there one of this days Smile

1985 AE86 (ハチロク) Levin - Summer time daily driver
01-25-2008, 09:26 AM
URGENT QUESTION
Cool Smile
Can you ask them the partnumber for reference?

1982 - TA60 Carina 4dr sedan - fun cruiser
1983 - AE86 Sprinter Trueno - import project
2013 - Honda Civic sport - daily driver
2004 - AEU86 dot ORG - daily domain

Support our forum, buy from the AEU86 shop:
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
01-25-2008, 08:06 PM
URGENT QUESTION
konis are not m12 they are something specific, they have very fine thread
(engelse maat??)

i tried the solution sugested by cutting of the nut and using the koni one but it wont fit

i fitted this: spring, spring cub, camberplate, and then there is not enough thread over to fit the koni nut

hope you come with a solution

just put the koni's on without the camberplates, the are a great improvement for drifting, now just need to be able to change the camber

No Smorking AE86

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Urgent replies needed DIFF OIL + refresh Okami 6 6,297 06-17-2012 09:56 PM
Last Post: Okami
  Need urgent help strut mounts. ditn 5 7,467 01-21-2012 03:37 PM
Last Post: ditn
  URGENT: Need electric help, injectors not fireing ZaX 13 15,650 07-05-2011 01:10 PM
Last Post: Nomuken
  Urgent Levin hood question... measurements and weight Okami 8 13,733 03-15-2011 11:36 PM
Last Post: Gtsi-R
  Urgent. AE86 Door hinge bolt numbers. Need help hachirokuGTV 2 5,069 09-19-2010 08:16 PM
Last Post: hachirokuGTV