Which brakes for road use
01-17-2006, 04:21 PM
If you do not plan to do any racing or downhill time attacks, then the stock setup is best..They produce almost no dust, bite hard from cold and are dirt cheap..For a street car i would always go with this setup..

Regarding discs..if you have not cracked any discs yet, you will not crack them in the future (unless you do track) Paying 3 times the amount of money for groupN discs is a waste in that case.

All the other stuff is nice, but way to expensive to justify for everyday use..save yourself the money and invest the difference in a set of better tires..These will improve your handling feel, stopping distance and cornering speeds..much better investment..

If you do want to go the track, just buy some pure trackpads (DS3000) en DOT5.1 (always good..change fluid a lot!) en you're all set..remove after trackday and have the best street setup again.

A wheel to steer the front of the car
A pedal to steer the rear
Find all posts by this user
01-25-2006, 11:50 PM
dreja Wrote:The guy at Toyota said, that I should use at least the original pads with aftermarket discs, because the aftermarket pads are harder and they can destroy the discs quicker than the original ones...

Andrej

The Toyota guy is correct.

The standard brake pads are very good. Even for tarmac rallying!

I've used Mintex pads in the past, but they can glaze up with light use. They chew the discs up too.

I've used Toyota pads ever since.
Good wear rate, too.

http://www.AE86imports.0catch.com
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Rear brakes totta Crolla 0 859 02-03-2023 12:54 PM
Last Post: totta Crolla
  Switching diffs for disc brakes? trippin 6 2,334 07-08-2022 03:35 AM
Last Post: trippin
  20v BT - which oil pump? Mylesmck 4 2,454 06-21-2022 04:51 PM
Last Post: pack
  Rim width. Which is best.... Dino86 5 6,574 01-07-2017 03:09 PM
Last Post: Dino86
  Rebuild rear disc brakes toyota crown ms112 axle bozu 0 3,702 12-21-2016 09:37 PM
Last Post: bozu