hello for the ae86 graveyard
03-14-2005, 11:50 PM
To confuse things the 3 dr car was called the Corolla GT Coupe in the UK and Ireland and some places around Europe. I think i have a swiss advert calling it that. Here in the UK we did not get the 2 dr car that you all call the coupe.

[Image: AEU86 AE86 - hello for the ae86 graveyard]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
03-15-2005, 08:49 AM
JonT Wrote:To confuse things the 3 dr car was called the Corolla GT Coupe in the UK and Ireland and some places around Europe. I think i have a swiss advert calling it that. Here in the UK we did not get the 2 dr car that you all call the coupe.

ah great! You just have to love the ignorant car industry.

Come to think of the car "fitta" wich means pussy in norwegian. It was never realesed here Confused
Find all posts by this user
03-15-2005, 09:59 AM
Bjelke, so far I've noticed that all the ae86's are called coupe's in all countriesSmile Its just that those countries that had both 2door and 3door the 3door additionally got called hatchback or lift back to note the difference between the two models.

So I guess a 2 door is a coupe and a 3 door is a coupe hatchbackSmile

In that way the car industry definately is ignorent. Hatchback is the generally accepted term for a car with a big rear hatch like the 3 door has. Coupe is generally excepted for a car that has 2 doors but 4 seats and has a very short boot (or you have a cross between a coupe and hatchback where the shape of the rear would suggest the car has a small boot but actually the rear window still opens along as with a hatchback).

Confusing yes sir. Do we give a damn, not reallySmile

Greetz,

Bastiaan "mux213" Olij

Moved down under, no more hachi Sad
03-15-2005, 10:22 AM
s.bjelke Wrote:Come to think of the car "fitta" wich means pussy in norwegian. It was never realesed here Confused
The Honda Fitta (yeah, means the same in swedish) was renamed Honda Fit and was released in EU and under the name Jazz in .jp.

03-15-2005, 12:12 PM
Widar Wrote:
s.bjelke Wrote:Come to think of the car "fitta" wich means pussy in norwegian. It was never realesed here Confused
The Honda Fitta (yeah, means the same in swedish) was renamed Honda Fit and was released in EU and under the name Jazz in .jp.
This is not the end of the story :-)
This Honda was named also City but due to the fact that Opel already have City (Corsa City) in Europe - the car was sold as Jazz in Europe too (I own one).
03-15-2005, 12:40 PM
Watch out, whole new strange car name thread coming.......

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Hello hello from Brunei!!! :cheer: berryred 2 4,492 04-28-2011 09:36 PM
Last Post: banpei
  hello hello! Chapstick 5 6,036 05-31-2010 10:09 PM
Last Post: banpei