Miro from Bulgaria
01-05-2005, 09:15 PM
Miro from Bulgaria
And Ivan, one last thing abou the "monster" :-)
As we know, stock AE86 tranny will break over ~200 hp (estimated).
So, I will try to build the "right" car, not some kind of monster. For me is more important that torque curve is flat insted of very high hp's in narrow RPM band. The interesting part is to use turbo with these carburators - this is strange setup, but by my opinion - I have chances for success.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
01-05-2005, 10:13 PM
Miro from Bulgaria
Cool...a carb+turbo project!
Is there already a method for pressurizing the float chamber present on the carbs or are you going to rig something up?

A wheel to steer the front of the car
A pedal to steer the rear
Find all posts by this user
01-05-2005, 10:54 PM
Miro from Bulgaria
Yes, there is 2 methods:
1. carburators in a pressurized box
2. presurizzed (instead ot vented) float chambers only (I prefer that)
The second one is aplicable only if carburator seals are strong enough (I hope that DelOrto's are - Lotus used DelOrto for turbo-cars in the past). I have ajdustable FPR for ~0.2 bar from Lancia Delta 1.6 turbo and another one (non-adjustable) from Renault 5 turbo.
01-05-2005, 11:11 PM
Miro from Bulgaria
welcome.. a bit late - but what the Hell.
Welcome man

I´m sorry sir, your planet has been sceduled for destruction
in favor of an intergalactic highway -Thank you

Kristian Hesselmark, Sweden
EVO-DRIFT-STREET-DRAG-SHOW
01-05-2005, 11:56 PM
Miro from Bulgaria
2 jamiemirror
Hi, welcome to the forum Smile

I'd like to know which lada (samara, desetka, etc.) radiator did you use and what did you have to change to bolt it in. Did you have to weld something, make inserts, etc. ?

Regards
Andrej
01-06-2005, 12:44 AM
Miro from Bulgaria
jamiemirror Wrote:Ivan, I know that "Lada" sounds like "low quality", but this somehow is good solutuions at the good price ! The aluminium 2107 radiator is not mega-upgrade but I found that this solution provides me with ability to add water temp. sensor without use of AE82/92 thermostat housing ! Aluminium is better than the old AE86 radiator.
Hmmm, I've seen some awesome wild Lada action this summer and IMO those cars are just good quality low-tech cars which keep on running.

dreja Wrote:I'd like to know which lada (samara, desetka, etc.) radiator did you use and what did you have to change to bolt it in. Did you have to weld something, make inserts, etc. ?
Euh, he put in a 2107 radiator. Smile

1982 - TA60 Carina 4dr sedan - fun cruiser
1983 - AE86 Sprinter Trueno - import project
2013 - Honda Civic sport - daily driver
2004 - AEU86 dot ORG - daily domain

Support our forum, buy from the AEU86 shop:
[Image: AEU86 AE86 - Miro from Bulgaria]
01-06-2005, 02:11 AM
Miro from Bulgaria
dreja Wrote:I'd like to know which lada (samara, desetka, etc.) radiator did you use and what did you have to change to bolt it in. Did you have to weld something, make inserts, etc. ?
I'm also interested in this. I need a new radiator badly.

Best Regards,

01-06-2005, 09:41 AM
Miro from Bulgaria
About radiator:
I use lower part (lower tank) from original Toyota radiator as foundation.
Cut the lower tank, make two beds in order to fix the Lada radiator and change a little top radiator braces. The difference here is that new radiator have side tanks (not up and down as the Toyota one) and more important - the top-side water pipe is placed on opposite side. I use long water pipe from Lada Niva and ~90 angle plastic elbow near the thermostat housing (just to prevent tube scrubbing). This plastic elbow has air-drain plug and is from Moskvich 2141/Aleko - another russian car :-) (but this is not so important element - you may choose S-shaped water tube to avoid this elbow element).
01-20-2005, 10:58 AM
Miro from Bulgaria
I found 4-pot front calipers from old BMW 728i. The brake disks were 280 mm, 25 mm thickness.
They need adapter plate in order to fit to AE86 mounting holes. Also I bought new adjustable brake proportion valve.

Attached File(s) Thumbnail(s)