Mid Mufflers... How to build one?
07-07-2006, 05:00 PM
Hi!

I would like to know what you guys think is the best way to build a high performance, low noise mid muffler.

As i said before, i have tsudo headers, 2.25" pipe, 2.75" (16" long) ressonator, under diff and apexi ws universal final muffler. The car makes a huge amount of noise... I can't bear it.

My question is, how should i build a mid muffler (inside) to get the lowest noise with highest performance? Some sort of compromise.

this is option n.º 1: almost straight through design
do you think it will be enough for the sound deadening issue?

[Image: AEU86 AE86 - Mid Mufflers... How to build one?]

this is option n.º 2: has two 180º bends and sure is more restrictive
will i lose too much power?

[Image: AEU86 AE86 - Mid Mufflers... How to build one?]

Thanks a lot Smile

Best Regards
Find all posts by this user
07-07-2006, 06:09 PM
is this your daily driver or just for track/drifting?

if its not your daily driver and the noise is starting to bother that much try some earplugs, I use them all the time Thumbs up!
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
07-07-2006, 08:26 PM
delange: Ahahahahahahahahah Thumbs up! Hurray!

Your post gave me the possibility to have an enormous laugh! That's indeed the best / cheapest way to solve my problem!

Seriously... this is not my daily driver but i use it every weekend and sometimes when my daily driver has to go to repair shop or something like that.

Anyway, right now i have to do something about it... in fact... i did.

The guy who made the exhaust line for me, also made a mid muffler after i tested it without one and realised the car was making to much noise.

That mid muffler is assembled right now, but the manufacture was not too bright because the guy used some 40mm fittings that blocked the flow completely. The car doesn't pull as it used to. The noise was lower, almost bearable (it had some rattling noises coming from the mid muffler that the guy said he might had forgot to weld some spots).

After this he said he would make another one for free, but since his muffler manufacturing skills are not "tip top", i thought you guys would give me some hints and tips.

Best regards
Find all posts by this user

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  7AGE Build apardal 5 508 08-02-2024 12:11 PM
Last Post: apardal
  Build your own adjustable fuel pressure regulator ;) oldeskewltoy 8 20,488 08-19-2018 12:08 PM
Last Post: AlexKTM
  NA Build Questions | Blue-/ Redtop questions d3nso 18 15,765 02-25-2013 07:01 PM
Last Post: oldeskewltoy
  My 4AGE N/A build Lewy 17 19,157 01-25-2013 04:42 PM
Last Post: Lewy
  what bearings for my build? Bean 6 6,236 09-22-2012 10:25 PM
Last Post: oldeskewltoy