Banpeis project
08-30-2005, 09:57 AM
Banpeis project
Well, your definition of a proper job is somewhat different from mine then. I consider it a job well done when nothing is damaged.

FABRICA MI DIEM, PVNC!
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
08-30-2005, 10:03 AM
Banpeis project
Ivan141 Wrote:Well, your definition of a proper job is somewhat different from mine then. I consider it a job well done when nothing is damaged.
But the guy from carglass didn't damage it: it were the guys who fixed the rust who bent the moulding.

1982 - TA60 Carina 4dr sedan - fun cruiser
1983 - AE86 Sprinter Trueno - import project
2013 - Honda Civic sport - daily driver
2004 - AEU86 dot ORG - daily domain

Support our forum, buy from the AEU86 shop:
[Image: AEU86 AE86 - Banpeis project]
08-30-2005, 10:32 AM
Banpeis project
Oops...my mistake..

FABRICA MI DIEM, PVNC!
08-30-2005, 10:45 AM
Banpeis project
Ivan141 Wrote:Oops...my mistake..
No problem. Wink

08-31-2005, 03:01 AM
Banpeis project
banpei Wrote:
Apolan Wrote:sure is nice to have people come to your house to do the repairs!!! Huh
Yeah, I know... But in this case I would have needed to tow the car to the workshop while they cover 24hours at home (or anywhere you want) service. Smile

BTW: the pic shows how badly the metal plate is bent. Angry
( on the left you see the plate, in the middle the window and on the right (inside) is the plastic cover from the dash to the ceiling which is still loose.
my car leaks from that area on both sides Sad and when the rain falls and im driving it drips on me and comes through the sides Sad
Find all posts by this user
08-31-2005, 09:48 AM
Banpeis project
mr monster Wrote:my car leaks from that area on both sides Sad and when the rain falls and im driving it drips on me and comes through the sides Sad
Is your windshield glued as well? From what I understood there are two types of windshields for the hachi: glued and with a rubber strip around it (which the mouldings will it tight to the car) which is also glued with just a tiny bit of glue to the car.

In the first case (which is mine) the window is not glued correctly but it should be easy to fix with applying glue on the places which leak.
In the second case either the rubber strip is old and leaking or the glue has gone. You can order the strip from a dealer or reapply the glue.

Probably it is the best if you have a similar service as here and drive by those guys and ask what it would cost. Smile

Or you have rust around your window and it's leaking from there, but I don't think thats probably the case. Wink

09-25-2005, 04:00 PM
Banpeis project
Okay. I fixed my side-moulding today. Only a small problem left with it, but it will be fixed with some silicone I guess. Smile

I also fitted an orginial popup-lightswitch and hopefully it will work. I couldn't test it since the battery is completly exausted. Which reminds me that Ivan told me to juice up the battery again after trying several times to start the car. I guess I tried it too much and exausted the battery. Undecided

Also: I can't fix the breaks of my mitsubishi. It appears the brakepads are being pushed at the disc and only loosen up a bit when driving. To get the car through MOT they need to loosen after turning the tire a small amount. Anyone got an idea what could cause this problem? Dumb question

09-25-2005, 08:42 PM
Banpeis project
Hey Banpei,

What you describe is very normal, piston pushes the brakepads against the wheel, when you release the piston it comes free again.

Simply take the caliper off, get the brake pads out, sand the 'pins' a bit so they move freely within the bracket and it should do the trick.

Remember what Leon wanted to do when we installed the rotors and pads on your hachi? Thats what you need to do here most likelySmile

Greetz,

Bastiaan "mux213" Olij

Moved down under, no more hachi Sad
Find all posts by this user
09-25-2005, 09:50 PM
Banpeis project
Yeah..that's the first thing you should check... Sand the slide bushes clean and grease them up good! If that doesnt do the trick then you might have to think about changing the brake piston seal. That's also something that 'pulls' the piston back in after you let off the brake.
Dont worry though.. it's probably just the slide bushes that need cleaning. You can even replace them if they are worn..

FABRICA MI DIEM, PVNC!
09-26-2005, 08:48 AM
Banpeis project
I tried to do that, but I couldn't get the calipers off and destroyed my "ratelaar" doing so.