Digital Dash
02-22-2013, 10:46 PM
Digital Dash
thanks again.. I knew the guy who sold me this digital cluster and he said it was working when it was connected to his ae86, but he did not do the wiring.
Find all posts by this user
02-23-2013, 05:15 PM
Digital Dash
I see that there is not anywhere schematic diagram analog cluster.
Maybe it helps Smile

Attached File(s) Thumbnail(s)

02-24-2013, 08:02 AM
Digital Dash
george, you also used the pin2 of left plug for tachometer-?
02-24-2013, 11:22 AM
Digital Dash
choyr Wrote:george, you also used the pin2 of left plug for tachometer-?
yes, I used the 2 pin left digi Connector for tacho.
2 pin left analog Blue Connector is not involved.

04-28-2013, 12:11 AM
Digital Dash
Translated a japanese diagram I found (don't ask).
Still some odd things I couldnt translate, but those are mostly unconnected pins, so no sweat.

It matched the earlier diagrams quite well, but for me this is easier to read.
The grounds and supply's might be missing a link or 2, but they should be connected up in any case.

It adds a bit more detail to what we already know (chime / speed sensor pins, the fact that the fuel sender has a separate ground pin)..

FABRICA MI DIEM, PVNC!
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
04-28-2013, 12:26 PM
Digital Dash
Cool. Smile

Should make it easier.
04-28-2013, 03:59 PM
Digital Dash
cool. when I go home (maybe this july) I will try this diagram and test. hopefully I can finish this and works!
04-28-2013, 10:12 PM
Digital Dash
Figured out some more. One of the japanese scribbles turned out to be for the starter signal. Perhaps the dash does something on startup when this is wired up? Or maybe it just uses it to stay powered during cranking. All vids I could find are of retrofitted dashes, and we already know how much data most conversions are based on.

I also ditched the speed sensor wire since I'm not sure how it's meant to be used. Usually there is a reed switch in the dash that outputs pulses according to the cables speed, but it's usually 1 blue/white wire to ecu, and 1 brown one to ground, but this dash apparently has 2 blue/white chime related wires. I cant figure out the characters on the second wire just yet.

Anyway.. updated the old post with the new picture.

FABRICA MI DIEM, PVNC!
04-29-2013, 11:07 AM
Digital Dash
just for information, I disassembled my digidash to adapt rpm signal from my megasquirt (I use coil ignition).
I've read an old post asking if digidash exist with MPH, the answer is yes, both (MPH and KM/H) are provided, I don't know how to change it, but it seems possible.
If someone is interested by knowing modification for use rpm signal from megasquirt like on standard dash (by changing a resistor) as soon as I've found the solution I will tell you.
If someone already have it, I'm interested Smile
04-29-2013, 11:32 AM
Digital Dash
Changing resistor values on the stock RPM input IC is a bit of dark magic sadly. It is pretty much impossible to find a datasheet for it, it is nowhere to be found online, and the manufacturer refuses to look for/provide a datasheet for an obsolete IC.
Without that data you dont really know what you are doing when swapping parts. Trial an error is a possibility though. There is another topic on this subject where I dumped about all usefull links I could find on the subject.

About the MPH thing on the digidash.. there is a MPH indication on the display for sure, I would guess either a button or maybe a solder jumper/microswitch on the PCB would be the best bet.

FABRICA MI DIEM, PVNC!

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Digital speedometer on stock dashboard FanIsHere 0 1,235 11-09-2022 01:36 PM
Last Post: FanIsHere
  Dash Waning Lights pack 7 3,890 10-06-2021 01:00 PM
Last Post: pack
  Trueno Digital dash kph to mph Bojack 3 6,708 11-21-2018 12:27 AM
Last Post: kazi
  Custom Dash Cluster kazi 14 19,395 10-24-2017 09:05 PM
Last Post: kazi