Is my setup correct?
11-06-2006, 09:34 AM
Is my setup correct?
Hoey Wrote:Wideband o2 is very recommended on other forums, should i go with this?
A wideband O2 sensor is essential for tuning the fueling correctly. The Innovate LC-1 is pretty good if you don't need a flashy gauge but want the ECU/e-Manage to get the reading from the sensor. The LM-1 is the same sensor, but with a LED-based gauge.

Quote:Should I be switching my spark plugs to a different type?
Yes. I've heard someone give a rule of thumb that for every additional 100hp, the plug temp should be dropped one notch colder. I think the stock plug is a NGK BCPR5EP, so going for a 6 or 7 might be a good idea, depending on how much boost you're planning to run.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
11-06-2006, 08:03 PM
Is my setup correct?
Hoey Wrote:How much should I retard the timing? Ive heard 6 degrees?
I would rather a safe setup over fast one SO to be safer I should retard the timing more that 6 degrees?

I see no reason to retard the timing at all?(assuming you are talking of the base timing) With a solution like Emanage Ultimate you will have control over the ignition timing, and can adjust where it is needed instead of loosing power all over on the NA part of your map like you would by chnaging base timing. Keep the stock timing until the engine starts producing boost, then pull timing gradually as boost inreases.

'85 AE86 4AGE, '94 SW20 3SGTE, '83 KP61, 72' RA21
Find all posts by this user
11-06-2006, 10:31 PM
Is my setup correct?
Thats awesome! so I will keep all my N/A power until boost hits then the EManage will overide the system and retard the timing automatically?

Whats the difference between the LC1 and LM1? the only thing is the LED gauge? If i dont have one how am I supposed to read the AFR?

Will I need an EGT gauge?

Do i need a laptop to run Emanage?

sorry for all the questions but you guys are very smart and helpfull Hurray!

I JUST WANT THIS TO BE SAFE! Thumbs up!
11-07-2006, 09:41 PM
Is my setup correct?
Im going to check off parts ive already aquired to keep you guys updated.
11-08-2006, 02:38 AM
Is my setup correct?
Are most the compatible injectors top feed? because I was wondering would the 450cc injectors from a DSM work? I know there isnt many DSM where you guys live but they are everywhere here. And plus I used to be a big DSM guy so I can get them for free!

Just another part to check off the list tonight if the 450cc's work

Thanks
11-08-2006, 11:46 AM
Is my setup correct?
450cc DSM will work, they have BOSCH style electrical connector and are hi-impedance AFAIK.
11-08-2006, 10:50 PM
Is my setup correct?
Sweet, that was easy.

Ive heard Emanage has its own LCD display...ive looked at some sites where i can get emanage and they all dont state if you need a laptop or not. will I need any kind of laptop or datalogger?
11-08-2006, 10:56 PM
Is my setup correct?
Sorry guys this is a shot in the dark but with a little modding is it possible for a 4G63T manifold to be compatible? I know its compatible with some honda series engines (with some port matching).

THIS WOULD SAVE ME 300-500 BUCKS IF SO!

Im also asking these questions because when the kit is assembled others can use this thread as a guide.
11-09-2006, 10:32 AM
Is my setup correct?
Wait a little Hoey, why you bother about manifold changing etc. ???
11-09-2006, 01:15 PM
Is my setup correct?
Hoey Wrote:Ive heard Emanage has its own LCD display...ive looked at some sites where i can get emanage and they all dont state if you need a laptop or not. will I need any kind of laptop or datalogger?
A laptop is pretty much a requirement. Without one, it would be extremely difficult to tune the engine because you couldn't make changes to the mapping while driving the car (or rather, while your friend drives and you use the computer on the passenger seat).

For reference, here's a few photos the setup I had in my MR2;

http://www.r5r.net/photo/main.php?g2_itemId=797

My USB cable wasn't long enough to reach into the cabin of the car because the e-Manage needs to be placed in the boot on the MR2. Wink

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Correct connection brake master cylinder? bozu 5 7,098 07-26-2015 12:28 PM
Last Post: bozu
  4 Link setup and Traction brackets Jezza_hr 5 9,888 07-21-2014 09:12 PM
Last Post: Bean
  DIV 1 rally/track suspension setup ditn 60 69,650 03-28-2013 11:28 PM
Last Post: ditn
  Fuel system setup 86Pilot 2 4,643 01-30-2013 04:24 PM
Last Post: Bean
  MSD 8980 setup - which wire does the dizzy connect to? megabob 8 16,639 11-22-2011 07:02 PM
Last Post: Project D