Old Fashioned
05-11-2009, 02:25 PM
Old Fashioned
Happy to see you working on the car again.
Brake dust shield is not that important, but weld it and paint it with Hamerite.
Please straighten the round part where bearing comes as this could make you problems on re-assembling or damage the bearing.

Lep pozdrav,

ZaX

Drifting - best fun you can have in your car with your pants on!
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
05-11-2009, 02:33 PM
Old Fashioned
Why? Arent 86 brakes adequate?

Big Grin Big Grin Big Grin Big Grin Big Grin

danielvanderwoude Wrote:looks like the nmwisima joke saved you in the end
[Image: AEU86 AE86 - Old Fashioned] http://www.jdmbits.com
05-11-2009, 04:28 PM
Old Fashioned
measure the thickness of the discs, if they are within the limit (can't remember from top of my head) get them reskimmed - or get new disc if budget allows. - I've replaced all four discs but don't know how prices are were you live.

AE86 ex-daily
05-11-2009, 09:28 PM
Old Fashioned
tnx for the pointers, are there any aftermarket discs availible for ae86 for a reasonable (lower than toyota) price and worth the purchase?

also, since aeu86 shop is closed, i'm wondering where i can get mintex 1144 pads?

And i have new L&R handbrake cables, but the guy couldnt find the front section. Is it availible at all?

edit: zax what did you mean by the "round part"? You mean polish the spindle?
Find all posts by this user
05-11-2009, 09:37 PM
Old Fashioned
well paint skills aren't the best but you get the idea - I guess zax meant this part Wink
don't know about aftermarket discs as I got OEM Toyota ones fairly cheap
EDIT: min thickness of front disc is 17mm (new are 18mm)

Attached File(s) Thumbnail(s)

AE86 ex-daily
06-08-2009, 02:25 PM
Old Fashioned
Okay time for an update here too.. need a little boost to the finishline.

Engine is assembled, only minor things to be rectified. Tires are on the wheels and im nearing the completion of suspension and brake works. Im expecting a brand new set of discs today or tomorrow, and also a calipers have gotten a ful rebuild.. Basically i've just have to finish it all up now - inplant the engine, finish the suspenison and brakes, make new exhaust and alignment done. Here are some pics.. i've also treated myself to a Nardi steering wheel that i wanted for so long. Thanks nmwisima!

Ps: i keep cursing the previous owners of this car god damn them! Aside form all the small bits and bobs the car has gotten no proper jdm love in her history. Front shocks were not an insert type at all! Just a fucking rod with a drilled spacer and something that once resembled oil. Rears were raped by BOGE shocks for Fiat, jesus.. they were so weak you could put them on a baby-cart and it wouldnt stop bouncing around..

06-08-2009, 02:31 PM
Old Fashioned
oh yeah and here are some toys as i mentioned..

06-09-2009, 10:58 AM
Old Fashioned
My God, that steering wheel is SOOOO sexy!!! Huh Huh

danielvanderwoude Wrote:looks like the nmwisima joke saved you in the end
[Image: AEU86 AE86 - Old Fashioned] http://www.jdmbits.com
06-09-2009, 08:27 PM
Old Fashioned
No returns! Big Grin Indeed, the design is just timeless. You just need to remove that bolt-cover-ring-thingy, which totally spoils the wheel - makes it look so bulky..

Today my bride seat arrived and i fit like a dick in Jenna Jamesons mouth Smile

I also picked this up today.. Cost me 120 euro for the set of 4. The brand is "Ashika" and i think they are made in italy like the nardi.. Im just not sure this is good Big Grin They have 1 year waranty so i'll have the time to test them out properly..

Wight:
F: 3.8 kg
R: 3.2 kg

Can anyone measure the weight of their discs, theese seem a bit heavy..

Cheers!
s.

06-10-2009, 12:56 PM
Old Fashioned
Just in from japan, my Personal sutering bossu (long type). It measures 11.5 cm and put together with Nardi classic, it comes just wee bit longer than the OEM wheel with integrated hub.

*notice the nardi is a litlle bent - what can i expect, nmwisima is a strong fella Tongue

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  danish renovation, from rusty old banger, to nice drift car katapouser 15 16,634 12-23-2008 10:41 PM
Last Post: katapouser
  Cp joels old school drifter (56k warning) cp joel 77 61,796 09-17-2005 01:21 PM
Last Post: James
  Jons New [Old Project] JonT 75 57,233 08-08-2005 04:26 PM
Last Post: Blueneon