nzae86's TRD ae86 N2 Race Car Project 2,
06-29-2009, 12:46 PM
I don't think car build-ups gets any better than this project.
Lot of respect Respect!

Patiently waiting to see the finish... Smile

cheers,

Philip

Philip
Find all posts by this user
07-05-2009, 08:42 AM
Hi there nzae86,
Your project is immaculate!

I could only wish my ae86 was half the car yours is

Keep up the great work Respect!

1985 Toyota Levin
Hybrid F20C Conversion
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
http://www.jspecgroup.com
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
07-05-2009, 11:42 AM
Looking absolutely stunning - shame you are so far away as I would love to see it in the tin if you know what I mean.

Its also wonderful that you have used all traditional parts from the original race car specification which adds even more to its appeal. It probably has a more authentic specification than a lot of the N2 cars that run in the exhibition races these days.

It will be a wonderful car to drive.

I have a quick question regarding the wilwood brakes you are using up front. Is this the kit that comes from techno toy tuning ? I have some mazda 4 pots on the front of mine at the moment and one of them is weeping a litle so its time to replace them. The wilwood kit seems quite good value - just wondering if I can save myself the cost of a set of AP racing ones.

Regards Ian.
[Image: AEU86 AE86 - nzae86's TRD ae86 N2 Race Car  Project 2,]
07-05-2009, 09:20 PM
Ian.G Wrote:Looking absolutely stunning - shame you are so far away as I would love to see it in the tin if you know what I mean.

Its also wonderful that you have used all traditional parts from the original race car specification which adds even more to its appeal. It probably has a more authentic specification than a lot of the N2 cars that run in the exhibition races these days.

It will be a wonderful car to drive.

I have a quick question regarding the wilwood brakes you are using up front. Is this the kit that comes from techno toy tuning ? I have some mazda 4 pots on the front of mine at the moment and one of them is weeping a litle so its time to replace them. The wilwood kit seems quite good value - just wondering if I can save myself the cost of a set of AP racing ones.

Hi there thanks for the comments, your car looks very impressive as well , I think your engine set up will be a good alternative to highly strung 4age without the maintenance issues .
The brake set up I have is one that I built up myself , but I will no longer use those rotors and brackets as they will not fit in my 13" wheels .The original N2 cars ran a 4 pot AP caliper but again I haven't found any in usable condition .The front brakes are something I haven't given alot of thought yet , but will still use the wilwood caliper , I just have to find a suitable rotor then build a mounting bracket to suit .
Keep up the good work .
07-05-2009, 10:47 PM
AP still produced the calipers, FR and RR for the TRD rally car. You might send them off an email about yours, if you havent. I found them under the historic section, and looked at some of the technical data. There was a list of cars they were used on. I just used that to clarify. I found the p/n in the AE86 bibles.

Wow, I could have sworn I had an account here... I guess I'm the new guy Sad
07-10-2009, 04:16 AM
Well I'm still working on the plumbing of the fuel and breather system, I keep ordering more and more Earls fittings and braided line , and must be going to get to the end one day ! I will count up how many fittings that I end up using along with the length of pipe work for reference to anyone who is going to head down this path with their car . So far I count about 70 fittings and 12 meters of - 6 hose and about 10.5 meters of - 10 hose.
Here's what it is looking like so far,

Still to run the breather from the top of the drysump tank to the catch bottle that will be up inside the back guard where fuel filler used to be , then the under car stuff for the diff pump and cooler , and the fuel tank vent .
Notice how it is important to keep a bit of extra length in the lines to allow for a bit of movement rather than making them all run straight , and also to keep the fuel line away from the oil lines to prevent heat transfer into the fuel.
07-10-2009, 08:59 AM
The cost of that stuff sure does add up - but - once built it stays good and everything is re-usable.

It still shocks me when I order bits though -10 works out at about £4 per 100mm in the UK and 90deg -10 fittings about £30 Huh for Goodridge 200 or Earls. The line to my oil catch tank and its fittings were more than the tank itself LOL.

Brake, clutch, fuel, oil and water lines add up to a significant part of the build I bet.

Still - build it once and build it right - and that is sure what you are doing. Hurray!

Regards Ian.
07-18-2009, 03:30 PM
[quote="nzae86

I still don't know what I'm going to do with this car when I have finished , I may just drive it to work!!!!!!!!! :)[/quote]

You have a thoroughbred in your hands, she's not not ment to be a carriage, she needs to be on the track.
07-19-2009, 01:27 AM
bulshit, he can drive it fast on the streets, build a street racer Tongue
cool car. the only one thing that i dont like, are those ugly fenders
07-19-2009, 01:51 AM
lochun Wrote:bulshit, he can drive it fast on the streets, build a street racer Tongue
cool car. the only one thing that i dont like, are those ugly fenders

nothing about this car is "ugly".

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  nzae86's AE86 Levin Tarmac rally car build Project 1 nzae86 30 55,525 04-30-2013 07:28 AM
Last Post: nzae86
  my celica race car with race beams Celica RA45 14 20,480 09-14-2011 11:50 AM
Last Post: Celica RA45
  AKR's Daily-driver-race-car asian knight rider 5 10,401 11-01-2009 12:25 AM
Last Post: doggy
  My Project car :D Muchomuchacho 5 6,454 06-05-2008 05:15 PM
Last Post: Muchomuchacho
  A.D.D Performance Demo car (AE86 project) cab32 15 17,375 03-24-2008 03:34 PM
Last Post: cab32