o2 sensor
03-17-2010, 09:17 PM
o2 sensor
I will explain this as best I can.
Just fitted a Cusco MFE ecu to my modded big port engine, everything is ok with that, however this ecu can support an o2 sensor input. As my car car is U.K spec. it does not have a o2 sensor fitted but uses a manually adjustable potentiometer for fuel enrichment.
Could I use an o2 sensor instead of the potentiometer or would I need to use a different ecu pin ?
Are there any benefits to running an o2 sensor ?
Thanks for any help.

An analogue brain in a digital World
Find all posts by this user
03-19-2010, 07:11 AM
o2 sensor
If you're going to fit an o2 sensor you might as well fit a wideband one. In which case you'll get a bung with it and a controller. Get the bung welded into your exhaust at the correct spot and angle, connect to the controller and connect to your ECU - assuming it's aftermarket.

If it's piggyback, then I don't know that I would bother. You're toyota ecu may be able to handle a narrowband sensor and you should be able to tell by opening the case and looking at the pin markings (I know mine has both a pot pin and an o2 pin). Depends on how the other ECU uses the inputs. The more I think about it though, it should be pretty cheap to throw one in so maybe give it a go.
03-19-2010, 12:51 PM
o2 sensor
I have a wideband (innovate) fitted that can emulate a narrow band output so I thought, if it would work, I would do it that way.
As yours has both inputs I assume one of them is not connected and you would only use one input.
The MFE is a direct replacement for the stock ecu but it allows via dip switches and a potentiometer to correct fuelling and ignition timing.
I did try to adjust the idle afr with the pot but nothing happened so I guess that input is not connected on my ecu then.
Very helpful, thanks.

An analogue brain in a digital World

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Lambda sensor wiring sam3007 10 4,008 05-23-2022 10:00 PM
Last Post: The Doctor
  AE86 Engine Coolant Temp Sensor izanagi 8 19,874 09-06-2014 05:47 PM
Last Post: izanagi
  Hall sensor totta Crolla 7 8,072 02-28-2014 10:07 AM
Last Post: Ivan141
  Video : Adjust the TPS (Throttle Pos Sensor) on the 4A-GE Homem Bomba 3 10,499 10-25-2013 05:13 PM
Last Post: Apsogos
  1/8 BSPT adapter for oil pressure sensor Dino86 4 6,880 06-15-2013 12:34 PM
Last Post: S.K.