Welding equipment
10-10-2006, 07:14 PM
Welding equipment
@ roger :how much did you pay for it and where?
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
10-11-2006, 08:04 PM
Welding equipment
I bought it a few years ago by "van cranebroek" (http://www.vancranenbroek.nl/)
and i pay 360 euro for it
Find all posts by this user
10-11-2006, 08:42 PM
Welding equipment
They have this one now at a nice price, but how do I know if it's good enough to do some nice welding with?
[Image: AEU86 AE86 - Welding equipment]

FABRICA MI DIEM, PVNC!
10-11-2006, 08:52 PM
Welding equipment
Ivan, looks like the kinda price you buy kinzo welders for at gamma, really wonder if that does the trick, but you never know sometimes these things work very good but just don't last very long (but more then long enough for us hobby welders, just not for profesionals)

Greetz,

Bastiaan "mux213" Olij

Moved down under, no more hachi Sad
10-11-2006, 08:57 PM
Welding equipment
Well, I havent made up my mind yet...do I really need a more expensive welder to learn with? My bro would pull some strings to see if there are any nice welders for sale at reasonable prices so i'm not buying anything untill I'm sure I'm doing the right thing.

FABRICA MI DIEM, PVNC!
10-11-2006, 09:05 PM
Welding equipment
how about buying something second handed?

He attacked everything in life with a mix of extrordinary genius and naive incompetence, and it was often difficult to tell which was which.
10-11-2006, 09:06 PM
Welding equipment
well, take a look...second hand prices arent really worth bothering...I can buy a new one for what most of those sell for.

FABRICA MI DIEM, PVNC!
10-11-2006, 10:25 PM
Welding equipment
Ivan,

Problem I have with the cheaper ones, say like one from Gamma, is that they don't weld good enough to even learn with, if I am to believe someone like Martijn. The amps just aren't high enough to make any good weld to do any sort of body work welding with.

The real question is, as you so very nicely put it, which welder is good enough.. I'm sure a 100 euro Kinzo one at Gamma isn't, but that one you posted may very well do the trick. But where to get advise and who's advise to trust. Obviously someone who's into doing serious bodywork will always want the best of the best and not recommend a welder that may actually do the job just fine for us hobby welders, while a shop guy may just sell junk to us because he'll know we'll come back for more once we're warn it out and are ready to upgrade..

Greetz,

Bastiaan "mux213" Olij

10-12-2006, 12:12 AM
Welding equipment
http://www.rustbuster.nl/ this site (DUTCH) has a lot of info, they also rent and give workshop Smile

Disclaimer: Any errors in spelling, tact, or fact are transmission errors.
10-12-2006, 10:21 AM
Welding equipment
Levingt, already discussed about that with Ivan, we were even thinking about maybe going there with a group of people if there is enough interest. Maybe make it an AEU86 club day or somethingBig Grin

But it is 95 euro a person, then again a whole day after which you know pretty much all you need to know about welding your car back together. Or so they say... Still if I have patience my mate Martijn has promised me to teach me for free so I can save myself 95 bucks....

Greetz,

Bastiaan "mux213" Olij

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  welding the diff, who's done it? megabob 8 6,759 11-26-2010 06:19 PM
Last Post: senna
  Spot welding vs seam welding ---> chassi cannabolic 8 9,187 11-26-2009 01:48 PM
Last Post: HybriD07
  spot welding cannabolic 6 5,866 03-23-2009 11:00 PM
Last Post: brownington_bomber
  Welding chassis (firewall to rail) should car be on stands? eightsixboy 1 2,945 03-21-2007 02:38 AM
Last Post: eightsixboy
  Seam welding, a few questions Morten 3 4,189 12-27-2006 09:56 PM
Last Post: Denmark